Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend Recap

Another weekend gone. I can't believe it's almost August. My maternity leave is quickly evaporating. Thursday we had our kitchen and bathroom painted and so on Friday we were busy working on getting things back together and cleaned up. We really love how it came out. I'll be doing a full post when everything is finished being hung, but here's a sneak peek!


Friday night we went to Bulldog's for dinner with Rich, Tif, the kids and Ken. After dinner we went back to their house to hang out. A little later we took a walk to downtown Roselle where they have a car show every week. It was such a beautiful night so it was just so nice to be out walking around. We saw a lot of cool cars, had some ice cream and listened to some music.







Ethan was starting to get cranky and it was getting to be the bed time for the other kiddos so we walked back and then headed home. 

On Saturday morning we met up with Rich, Tif, Ken, Tif's Dad and Brother at the movies to see the Dark Knight. 


With the tragedy that happened at the midnight showing in Colorado, I have to admit I felt a little anxious in the theater. I was checking people out when they came in the theater. Apparently AMC was too because they had 2 people in the theater checking the emergency exit doors and watching people come in. It was interesting. I'm glad we went though. I'm not going to let one psychopath ruin everything. I don't want to live my life that way. Anyways, the movie was really good. I thought it was a little long, but the ending made it all worth it. It was one of the best endings. I still like the second one better. Heath Ledger just made that movie for me. He raised the bar for any super hero villain performance, I just thought Bane was a weak villain.

The rest of Saturday we didn't really do a whole lot. For dinner we met up with my parents in Lombard at Flattop. My mom made a valance for my kitchen and since the painting was finished she wanted to get it to us. Dinner was great and we had fun just visiting. After dinner we headed home and just relaxed the rest of the night. 

Sunday we got up and Michael worked on putting a new vanity top and faucet in our newly painted powder room off of the kitchen. I gave Ethan a bath and got him ready to head to Ken's niece's birthday party. I took some pictures of my little man since he was looking so dapper!





Emily was turning 4 and Kristin planned a Tinkerbell themed party. The party was great and Emily got lots of tinkerbell and princess theme gifts. She capped off her presents with a pinata that the kids went crazy for.




Ethan slept through all of the candy madness!


After the party we headed home and stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things for Sunday dinner. We made grilled pizzas again and they were so good. I made BBQ chicken this time, super yummy! Michael made a pudding pie for dessert. So good and low fat too!



I have only 2 more weekends before I have to go back to work so I'm going to make the most of this time the next 2 weeks. I hope all of you had a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment