Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ethan's World: 2 Month Review


And just like that, you are 2 months old little man; time is flying by! It makes me sad because I only have one more month of us together every day before I go back to work. I am definitely treasuring every minute of this time together. You are still such a good baby, so content and laid back. You are more alert every day and we love watching you take in the world around you. You look at everything on the walls in any room we go in to and you love lights and ceiling fans. I'm especially partial to you watching me walk around the room, you always have your eyes on me, which Mommy loves! You have found your hands in the past week and you love to suck on them. You are also starting to grip and grab at your toys. I know this time next month you will be doing all sorts of new things that we can't wait to be a part of. We love you so much little man!

Weight:
As of today you weigh 13 pounds 3 oz, the 82nd percentile. Still long and hiding those pounds somewhere!

Height:
As of today you are 28 inches long, you have skyrocketed off the charts in height!


Clothing Size:
   You have finally graduated from newborn and are now officially in 0 - 3 months and 3 months won't be too far behind. I still can't believe you worn newborn as long as you did considering what you weigh and how long you are!

Diapers:
  We finally transitioned to Pampers size 1 diapers last week. They seem huge on you but I know you will grow into them fast.

Feeding:
You are such a good eater, and you definitely let us know when you are hungry! Most days you're eating 7-8 times a day and 4 oz at each feeding. 


Hair/Eyes:
You're still holding on to most of your hair, it's a little sparse on top but it seems to have stopped falling out and is re-growing already. Your eyes may be shaped like mine, but they are still a beautiful blue just like Daddy's. I hope they stay that way.

Sleep:
You are a great sleeper, you sleep 6 - 7 hours every night. We are on a consistent schedule now. You have 1 or 2 short naps and 2 long naps a day and you go to sleep at 10 at night and wake up around 5. You love sleeping in your crib which I'm so thankful for. We had a few rocky days with sleep last week because you were going through a growth spurt but you were back to your smiley self after 3 days. I can't blame you since you grew more than 2 inches in a week!

Fun Stuff You Did This Month:



First Smile
My favorite thing you did this month was start smiling! You started on your 6 week birthday and haven't stopped since. Every time you smile up at me, it makes my heart smile! I was lucky enough to get one of your first smiles captured on my camera too, I will treasure this picture forever! You also have started smiling at me when I come to get you in your crib in the morning and say "Good Morning!"






First Trip to the Zoo
On your 6 week birthday you made your first visit to Brookfield Zoo with Aunt Arla and cousin Lily. It was the most beautiful day and you slept through most of it. I can't wait until you are bigger and can see all of the animals, it will be so much fun!





Playtime
You are spending more and more time awake during the day and you have become increasingly more alert. You are watching very intently at all of the things happening around you. You've also started playing on your piano playmat. You love to kick the piano keys and make music while grabbing and swatting at the animals hanging above you. It's so fun to watch you. You are also doing better at tummy time. Your neck is definitely getting stronger. You can hold your head at longer intervals now and you like tummy time using the boppy pillow a lot more than being flat on the floor.








Talking and Cooing
Right around 6 weeks when you first smiled, you also found your voice. You've started to coo and make other noises when we talk to you. You do it the most right after you've eaten or napped when you are the happiest. You've let out a couple giggles too and I can't wait until you do it all the time!





Your first year month by month:


2 comments:

  1. He's going to have so much fun reading this when he learns to read! This is so sweet and loving!

    Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought I had a tall baby! He's such a cutie pie :)

    ReplyDelete