Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Recap

We had a very busy weekend. On Friday my girlfriend Yolanda came over to meet Ethan and have lunch. It was great to catch up. She has another little boy on the way this November and I can't wait to meet him!


After a busy work day for Michael we headed down to Downers Grove to attend a wake for my brother-in-law Teddy's Mom. They lost her a couple of weeks ago to a 16 year battle with cancer. It was a sad night, she was an incredible woman and had more strength and will than anyone I've ever known. After the wake we headed to Arla and Teddy's where my parents were watching Lily. We brought them dinner and hung out for a while and played with Lily. On our way home we made a quick stop at Michael's parents and then we finally made it home and crashed.

On Saturday we got up and went over to Michael's parents to drop off a bunch of stuff for a garage sale they were having. We figured why not get rid of some things around the house. We ended up making $100, not too bad and we didn't have to do anything but drop it off! After we left Michael's parents we went out to breakfast and then stopped at Whole Foods to pick up a few of our favorite things we can only get there.

On our way home we stopped at Babies R' Us since they were having a big diaper sale. Ethan is fully stocked for next 3-4 months! They also had some awesome sales on clothes. All of the summer clearance items were an additional 50% off! I got some great outfits for our little man for next summer and not one piece was over $5. The aqua and yellow polos were only $2.40 each; I love a good deal!


We came home and I did some cleaning around the house, put Ethan down for a nap and then I headed out to do our full grocery shopping while Michael watched the baby. After grocery shopping I stopped by Hallmark because they were having their Christmas in July ornament preview event. I picked up our continuing series ornaments and a few extras that were cute plus I got a Baby's 1st Christmas ornament for Ethan!



After shopping Michael and I prepped dinner for Sunday. My parents were coming over and we were making shish kebabs for dinner. Michael cut up all of the meat and I made the marinades. For dinner on Saturday we met up with Rich, Tif, the kids and Ken at Bulldog's. After dinner we headed back to Rich and Tif's to hang out.

On Sunday we got up and had breakfast and then Michael had to get some work done. My parents came around 10:30 and while my Dad watched Ethan, my Mom and I had a fun shopping girls' day. We hit up Home Good's, Marshall's, Nordstrom Rack, Garden Ridge, Kohl's and Joann's. I found some great things for our Family Room. We are changing up the color scheme in there, good-bye chocolate brown and aqua. We are punching it up with a modern and fresh color scheme. Black and white with pops of citrus! I found these throw pillows, a side table for next to the couch and a lamp for on top of our bookcase.




It was a fun and successful shopping trip! After shopping we headed home and my Mom worked on sewing some curtains for our powder room and kitchen. We are changing things up in there as well. I will be posting more details on the kitchen re-decorating project this week! While my Mom was sewing, Michael and I worked on getting dinner cooked. Michael was the grill master and cooked up all of the kebabs and he made homemade biscuits and potatoes. We had beef and mushroom kebabs, veggie kebabs, shrimp and chicken too. We also made Lipton onion potatoes and cheddar baby biscuits like the ones at Red Lobster. I will be posting all of the recipes on the blog soon!



Everything was really yummy. After dinner we just relaxed for a while, played with Ethan and then I made dessert. I made the Cinnamon Sugar Nutella Crescents that I posted last week. My Mom and Dad loved them too! They are so good. After dessert my parents got a few last snuggles with Ethan and then headed home.


It was a great weekend. We don't have a whole lot going on this week. Ethan has his 2 month appointment tomorrow and I am not looking forward to him getting 2 shots. Poor little guy. I hope all of you had a great weekend and have a good week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment