Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend Recap

Well this weekend went by entirely too fast. It seemed especially fast since I had to fly to Washington DC today. On Friday, I worked from home and I had an early doctor's appointment. We got really good news from the doctor. I responded really well to the new mix of medication he put me on. I had 4 perfect little eggs. Let's hope they don't all take! I am very hopeful that we will get good news in 2 weeks time, we'll just have to wait and see. Waiting is the worst part!

On Saturday we got up early and met a whole crew of people for breakfast. The group keeps getting bigger as the weeks go on. We had fun hanging out with everyone and of course getting to see little Jacob! He was chowing down on Cheerios and pancakes, yum!


We had to pretty much eat and run because Porkchop had to get his annual exam at the vet. He did really well. He is perfectly healthy and his vet threatened to steal him because he was so cute! It's amazing how he is only there once a year, but as soon as he gets in there, he knows what's coming. Look at his little pathetic face!



After the vet, we brought our little fur baby home and then headed out to do some shopping. We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing. We headed out for a date night dinner at Bonefish Grill. Since I was heading out of town for a few nights, we wanted to have a nice night together. We had a really yummy dinner. I had a delish pomegranate martini to start, we had bang bang shrimp for an appetizer, Michael had fish and chips for dinner and I had ahi tuna sashimi.





After dinner we came home and went for a walk since it was still light out and warm enough. It was nice to burn a few calories after our dinner!


Today I had to get up early to head to the airport. I am in Washington DC until Wednesday for a work conference. I got into town and checked into my hotel. I'm staying at a beautiful Grand Hyatt in the heart of the city.


After bringing my bags to my room. I grabbed some lunch and then went down to our convention space to set up our booth and all of our materials.


After everything was all set up for the conference, I ventured out into the city. I was excited to walk around since my hotel was so close to the White House, the Mall and all of the sights. It is also the start of the cherry blossom festival so I was able to see all of the trees as well. The city is absolutely beautiful, each building is more beautiful than the next. I couldn't get over the amazing architecture. It was a gorgeous day and all of the flowers and trees were blooming.











I really didn't get to see a whole lot in the few hours that I had to walk around. I did walk about 6 miles though so I did cover a fair amount of the city. I can't wait to come back with Michael at some point so that we can explore the city, museums and all of the sights. After my brief tour of the city, I headed back to my hotel and grabbed some dinner. I am pretty beat after a long day. Tomorrow I have a long day as well. We have a full day from 8 - 8. At least my week should go by fast! I hope all of you had a great weekend and have a speedy week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment