Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Product Review: FitBit One


I mentioned in my New Year's post that I would like to lose 60 pounds this year. I lost 60 pounds from June through December last year and I want to keep the momentum going. I've been tracking every bite that goes in my mouth with MyFitnessPal, but in order to be successful over time I have to have accurate tracking of what is going in and what I'm burning out. There are a lot of activity trackers on the market and I researched all of them and I thought the FitBit One made the most sense for me. I've been using my FitBit for about 6 months now and I absolutely love it! I wear it every day, all day, even when I sleep!

A lot of the popular activity trackers are worn on the wrist, which I wasn't really a fan of. I like that the FitBit One is discreet and you can clip it to your pants or your bra because it's so small. I also liked that it links to MyFitnessPal so any calories it tracks that I'm burning it tells MyFitnessPal and adds it into my excercise count for the day so I have accurate calorie burning tracking. It's great to keep track of my movement to keep me active throughout the day. If I notice I have a low step day, I get up and get moving to meet my 10,000 step goal each day. I love that it also syncs with RunKeeper which is the app I use for my runs. I love that I never really have to touch the device because it has bluetooth and reports everything to the app on my iPhone. I just pull up the app to see my progress for the day. Here's an example of one of my days and what it looks like on the app. 


The FitBit One also tracks your sleep patterns. You wear a wrist strap to bed or clip it to your clothes and tell the app when you are going to bed and it tracks how soundly you are sleeping. It also has a silent vibrating alarm that wakes you up. I was doubtful that a little vibration would wake me up but it does.


The only thing I would change would be that I wish it was waterproof. Because I swim a lot, it would be nice to have a completely accurate calorie assessment of my swim, but I do have another gadget for that. Other than the water aspect, I am loving my FitBit One. It only has to charged once a week too. If you're looking for something to increase your activity and keep better track of it, I highly recommend the FitBit. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower =) This fitbit looks pretty neat! I may have to check it out. I'm anxious to read more of your blog =)
    Johannah
    http://johannahsirois.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome and thanks so much for following our blog!

      Delete