Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day Weekend Recap

We had a wonderful holiday weekend. On Friday I started the day at the Morton Arboretum to go hiking on their trails. I had never been to that section before and it was absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to see what it looks like when the colors start to change. It was the perfect start to the day and I can't wait to go back. Ethan had fun looking at all the trees and having a bumpy ride on the trail!

After getting a hike in, we met up with Arla and Lily at the Ty Warner Splash Park in Westmont. We had never been before but someone at work had told me it was a great park. Ethan and Lily had so much fun running around in the water. Ethan only lasted about an hour and a half since he was overdue for a nap but it was still lots of fun. It was super hot and the perfect day for it.

After the splash park it was nap time for Ethan. We just relaxed Friday night and since it was so hot I didn't really feel like cooking so I made a sub sandwich for dinner and to have some lunches for the weekend.

On Saturday I worked out at the gym and then came home to make breakfast for my boys. After breakfast Ethan went down for a nap and then I headed out to Schaumburg for their annual Septemberfest craft fair. I met up with Tif and her Mom and unfortunately the weather was not the best, in fact it was pouring rain! But we powered through and hung out in some booths to keep dry and still had a good time. I found a few cute things. I found a super cute football Bears sign and some Halloween decorations from one of my favorite booths I always buy something at. 

After the craft fair the weather actually cleared up and I headed home to make lunch for all of us and then we headed out to the park since Ethan had been cooped up all day.

Saturday night Michael had another fantasy football draft to go to so Ethan and I just hung out and relaxed. After Ethan went to bed I worked on my 2013 family yearbook since I was very behind. I had only done through February! I was able to get all the way through July so now I'm only a little behind. We have so many events coming up in the next 4 months I didn't want to have to do everything come January.

On Sunday we went to breakfast and then ran some errands. My parents and Arla, Teddy and Lily came over in the afternoon to visit and have dinner. My parents just got back from vacation in Alaska so they wanted to see the grandkids and show us their pictures from their awesome trip. The kids had a ball playing together and had us rolling in fits of laughter. I got these Thomas play tents for Ethan and I knew they would have fun crawling through them together. They were so funny. Lily would call for Ethan and then when he would go to get in the tent she would say, "No, out Ethan!" It was too funny, little women can't make up their mind at this age either!

For dinner Michael made us all a feast. He made bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin medallions, grilled zucchini, corn, baked potatoes and garlic bread. Everything was delicious!

On Monday we didn't really have any plans we just knew that the weather was going to be beautiful so we wanted to spend as much time outside as possible. We spent the day at Northside Park in Wheaton. We walked trails, played in the park and had a picnic. It was a perfect relaxing way to end our long weekend.

Sunday night we just relaxed and we had grilled hamburgers for dinner. Oh Summer, how we are going to miss you! I hope all of you had a great holiday weekend as well! Here's to Friday being only a few days away!

No comments:

Post a Comment