Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend. We didn't have anything planned, but like always, things always pop up. The only thing we did have scheduled was a photo shoot for Ethan's one year pictures. We used Sarah Melissa again because she's done a great job with all of Ethan's pictures this year. He did awesome and I can't wait to see them!


The rest of Friday Michael worked and then Ethan's new kitchen arrived! Daddy surprised both Ethan and I with this delivery! Michael and I put it together during nap time and then Ethan woke up to his big surprise and loved it! He has been playing with it non-stop this weekend.



Friday evening I noticed Ethan's ears seemed to be bothering him so we got in at the doctor's and sure enough he had another double ear infection. They seem to think he just didn't fully heal from the last one but all I know is I think it's time for some tubes. This poor little guy has had way too many ear infections. Friday night Michael played poker and I hung out and worked on my Etsy store.

Saturday morning I got up early and Ethan and I headed to the farmer's market and let Daddy sleep in since he didn't get home until late. Ethan and I found lots of yummy things and some pretty flowers.



We also started a new diy home project I will be sharing more details about this week, but it did involve a trip to get some hard wood floor.


Saturday night we hung out at home to watch the Blackhawks game and I worked on some new items for my Etsy store.



Sunday morning we got up and I made some breakfast and Ethan whipped up some breakfast in his kitchen too!


Michael worked on some demo for our new project and Ethan and I hung out. We made a birthday card for his teacher at daycare because they are having a surprise birthday party for her tomorrow. We made a butterfly with his foot prints.


After a nap and some lunch we headed over to Rich and Tif's to see the Roselle parade. The weather stunk but the kids still had fun. Michael brought his race car he got for Christmas over to show Jacob, he loved it.


Jacob was so excited for the parade, he was telling everyone, "let's go!"


Ethan was ready too!


Jacob was most excited to see the firetrucks and seeing his face was priceless. 

"Are they coming yet?"



"They're coming!"



Ethan waved to the firetrucks too!


Jacob and Makayla were so excited for the candy all the floats were throwing out, they got a ton of it!


There were a lot of cool floats and we stayed for almost the whole thing but Michael and I were both pretty cold and Ethan was due for a nap so we headed home.




Ethan went down for a nap and then I started working on dinner. I made a new recipe that was really yummy for mozzarella pesto chicken. I will post the recipe this week!


I hope all of you had a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment