Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend can be summed up in two words: Amazing Weather! It's been 80 degrees every day and we are loving it! I still can't believe this is March, but I'll take it. On Friday I had a doctor's appointment in the morning to check on Ethan. Everything is looking really good, his heartbeat was perfect and all my stats were perfect as well. I was down 2 pounds which is kind of crazy since he's gaining weight rapidly right now, but I'm not complaining. After my doctor's appointment, it was back to work for the rest of the day.

Friday night we had a big group dinner to celebrate Ken's birthday. After dinner we headed over to Tif's parent's house to have some yummy cookie cake that Tif's Mom made.



On Saturday we got up and had some breakfast. Then we headed to Michael's parents house to pick up their van to use it to pick our new patio furniture. Between the van and our Jeep we were able to get everything packed in and we brought it home. Then we unpacked everything and started hauling everything upstairs to put it on the deck.


We got everything set up pretty quickly. I just love it! We want to get a small dining table to put with the two chairs to make it easy to eat outside. But for now we can eat at the coffee table in front of the couch. After we set up up the furniture I headed out to get my hair cut and colored. After getting my hair done I came home and took a little nap. When I woke up we decided to get ready and go out for a date night. We need to get as many in as possible before Mr. Ethan comes! We went to Wildfire and had a really yummy dinner. After dinner we did some shopping in the area looking for a table for our patio set but didn't have any luck. We came home and just relaxed and watched a movie. 

Sunday we got up did a few things around the house and then went out for breakfast. After breakfast we did some shopping. Michael wanted to go to Cabela's, we hit up Target, World Market and Sur la Table. I received a gift card for Sur la Table from my boss for Christmas that I've been waiting to spend. We ended up with a lot for my gift card. We got a small 4 cup food processor since ours is broke. We also got a hand mixer, some skewers for grill season, a mini burger press, a new pair of tongs, a garlic skin peeler and a pizza cutter. 


On our way home we had some lunch and then stopped at the grocery store to stock up for the week and then we headed home. We unloaded everything and then I was pretty exhausted from running around for 5 hours so I laid down to take a nap. After I woke up we sat outside on the deck to enjoy the beautiful weather. I caught up on some of my magazines and we just relaxed. For dinner we fired up the grill and made some mini burgers. I also made one of our summer favorites, pasta salad. And since it was absolutely beautiful out, we ate outside and it was perfect. 


After dinner we just relaxed. I did some blogging for the week and we watched some tv. Discovery Channel started a new mini series called Frozen Planet. It's similar to the Planet Earth series they did a couple years back but focusing on the Arctic and Antarctic. We love stuff like that, watching all the amazing animals and how they survive.


It was a great, relaxing weekend. I'm pretty excited for next weekend. On Saturday we are going to see The Hunger Games and then next Sunday is our baby shower! I hope all of you had a great weekend too and got to enjoy the amazing weather. Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment