Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Recap

We had a nice and relaxing weekend. The past few weekends we've been working ourselves to the bone, so it was nice to have a break. Friday morning I had an early doctor's appointment to check on me and Ethan. It was a great appointment. The doctor was extremely pleased with how I am doing. She said my glucose score was the lowest she's ever seen in a patient. She was also very impressed that I haven't gained any weight and guessed I will probably be down 35lbs overall when I leave the hospital, I'll take it! She was calling me the poster child of pregnancy, which I just find humorous considering how hard it was for us to get pregnant! I'm just happy I feel great and I'm not giant and uncomfortable.

I'm happy to have a small bump and look like this

instead of this...
Poor Jessica Simpson, that does not look comfortable!

After my doctor's appointment, it was time to work and we finished out our work days. We had a crazy day of weather on Friday too. Most of the day it was raining and then late in the afternoon it started hailing followed by a half hour later it was snowing like crazy! And it's supposed to be 60 on Tuesday, what a crazy Winter!


Friday night we grabbed some dinner and then headed over to Rich and Tif's. We hung out and played with the kids like we do on most Friday nights. We had fun and headed home around 9:30.

Saturday we went out for breakfast and ran some errands. For lunch we met up with Rich, Tif and the kids along with Ken and his friend Kat at Flattop. We had a yummy lunch and then we headed home. We relaxed for a bit and then Michael headed over to Ken's to play some poker in the afternoon. I took a nap and just relaxed while I waited for Michael to come home. We had some dinner and just relaxed the rest of the night. 

Sunday morning we woke up early and I made us some breakfast. I made French toast and turkey sausage. It was yummy!


After breakfast we headed to do our grocery shopping for the week. When we came home I worked on making some meals for the week and Michael headed to the shooting range. I met him at Rich and Tif's to have lunch with them and Michael's Mom. The men made us paninis for lunch and they were really good. We hung out a while before heading home. Michael and I both passed out and took a nap for an hour or so. Before we knew it it was 5:30 and we had to head out for our hospital tour. We took a tour of the labor and delivery section of Central DuPage Hospital. The tour was nice and it was good to see everything and know where we need to go. It's crazy to think the next time we are there Ethan will be on his way!

So that's pretty much our weekend, nothing too crazy, but it was nice to mostly relax, we needed it! Next weekend we will hopefully be putting together bookcases in Ethan's nursery and hanging up some additional items we got this week. I hope you all had a great weekend and have a good week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment