Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What I'm reading...

It's been a while since I've done one of these posts. I've been a reading fool for the past few months. I've been lucky to find some really great series, which I love reading.

You'd have to be living under a rock to have not heard of the Hunger Games series. I was late to the party on this one but I'm so glad I finally read the series. It's probably my favorite series that I've read since Harry Potter. The first book is my favorite in the series, followed closely by the second book. The third book was my least favorite but only because it has a different tone and setting from the first two. If you haven't read the series, I highly recommend it. I can't wait to see the first movie next weekend too!

The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Suzanne Collins

This was a random series I came across on an Amazon book list when I was looking for something new to read. From Amazon: "Mother, wife, private investigator...vampire. Six years ago federal agent Samantha Moon was the perfect wife and mother, your typical soccer mom with the minivan and suburban home. Then the unthinkable happens, an attack that changes her life forever." It's a really good series. It follows her new life as a vampire and how she's juggling trying to be a normal mom, a vampire and a private eye. Each book in the series follows new cases and new challenges she must face. The series is not complete yet either, more books will be written. 

Moon Dance, J.R. Rain

Vampire Moon, J.R. Rain

American Vampire, J.R. Rain

Moon Child, J.R. Rain

Finally I read this trilogy by James Patterson. I've never read anything by him before but I really enjoyed these books. The books get mixed reviews on Amazon but I really enjoyed them. It's similar to Hunger Games in that the books take place in a post apocalyptic society. From Amazon: "The world is changing: the government has seized control of every aspect of society, and now, kids are disappearing. For 15-year-old Wisty and her older brother Whit, life turns upside down when they are torn from their parents one night and slammed into a secret prison for no reason they can comprehend. The New Order, as it is known, is clearly trying to suppress Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Being a Normal Teenager. But while trapped in this totalitarian nightmare, Wisty and Whit discover they have incredible powers they'd never dreamed of. Can this newly minted witch and wizard master their skills in time to save themselves, their parents--and maybe the world?" I flew through these books, they were action packed and they also had a really good story. I would definitely recommend this series.

Witch & Wizard, James Patterson

Witch & Wizard: The Gift, James Patterson

Witch & Wizard: The Fire, James Patterson

I'm still looking for my next book since reading the Hunger Games. I'm just having a hard time finding something new that I'm going to love reading as much. I'll let you know when I find it and review it here first!

No comments:

Post a Comment