Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend Recap

Whew, we had a crazy weekend! Friday after work we headed over to Rich and Tif's. We went out to dinner at Famous Dave's and then went back to their house to hang out and play with the kids. Jacob kept us very entertained as usual. Before Makayla arrived Tif brought out some of Jacob's baby things to use for her and one of those things was his old bouncy seat. Ever since she brought it out he loves to climb in it and either sit it in it or bounce like a monkey. Well Friday he decided to bounce like a monkey. He was having a blast bouncing around, it was hilarious!




While we were at Rich and Tif's my Mom called me to tell me that Arla wasn't doing very well and that they were going ahead with a c-section. She had been in the hospital since Thursday afternoon and Lily wasn't coming on her own. Michael and I decided to head into the city to make sure everything was okay. Baby Lily arrived at 11:52 pm.


We were so happy that Baby Lily was here and she was perfect. We were also very relieved that Arla was out of surgery and doing really well. We left the hospital and got home around 4 am on Saturday. Michael and I crashed pretty hard and slept till about 11:30. We finally peeled ourselves out of bed, got ready and headed out to get some lunch. After lunch we headed back downtown to see Arla, Teddy and Lily of course! I finally got to take some pictures and I got to hold her for a long while. She was really peaceful all wrapped up in her little blanket burrito. I think she's going to be a really good baby for Arla and Teddy.




She also has one of the best rooms in the hospital with the best view of Lake Michigan!

We stayed for a few hours and then headed home. We were both pretty tired still from the night before so we came home and both fell asleep on the couch around 8. We slept really well, about 12 hours. We woke up and just relaxed in the morning before doing a few things around the house. Around noon we headed over to Rich and Tif's to watch some football. We hung out with Rich, Tif, Ken and Liz stopped over with Lauren too. We had fun just watching some football and talking. I also got lots of Makayla time in. She slept on me for about 3 hours. She's such a good baby.


After football we just came home, had some dinner and watched the Bears game. It was such a great weekend. I still can't believe that Lily is here! I was so worried that I would miss her arrival because her due date was originally when I was scheduled to be out of town for work. But now she's here 3 weeks early, she got an October birthday, and I got to be there when she came into this world. I'm already counting down the days for when I get to see her again, only 5 more! Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment