Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekend Recap

Another weekend over. Things are going to get pretty busy the next few weeks so it was nice to have a low key weekend. If only my husby was here this weekend. Michael was fishing with my dad, Teddy, my cousin Chris and one of my dads' friends. On Friday I worked from home which was nice because I got to say good-bye to Michael when he got on the road. I worked until 4 and then headed to my salon to get a manicure/pedicure. I haven't had a pedicure since Easter so I really needed it. It was a nice and relaxing way to end my day. Friday night I just relaxed, talked to Michael and then crashed.

On Saturday I was up and out early. I was meeting my Mom and my sister at her house. We met up at 8 and then headed to the Farmer's Market in downtown Downer's Grove. We had lots of fun walking around to all of the booths, shopping, and eating some samples!

After the farmers market, we dropped all our goods off at Arla's and then headed to the Wilton Tent Sale. It was opening weekend, which I have never been to before. I usually go the second weekend or third weekend. Well, lets just say I won't make the mistake of going opening weekend again. It was crazy! There were people everywhere. They ran out of carts so you had to go hunt them down in parking lot and it was about 100 degrees in the tent. Needless to say we walked through those aisles as quick as possible. I'm sure we missed some things but we really just wanted to get out of there! I definitely didn't do as well this year as I did in 2010 and 2009.

After the tent sale we headed back to downtown Downer's Grove to do some shopping in some of the boutiques on Main Street. We didn't have a whole lot of luck in those stores either. I did find a cool serving tray with a chalkboard rim. I thought it would be cool at parties to write a message or for a cheese plate and write the type of cheese in each section.

After some shopping we grabbed lunch at Another Round. It was really yummy and we had fun just talking and hanging out with each other. After lunch we headed back to Arla's to pack up all of our stuff and head home. On my way home from Arla's I made a stop in downtown Naperville to go to one of my favorite boutiques, Saraboo Creek. I wanted to see if they had any fun stuff for summer. They didn't disappoint and I got a really fun 4th of July sign!

After Saraboo, I headed towards home and made a couple more stops. I made a pit stop at Starbucks to get a cool treat since it was so hot out. I hate coffee but I recently discovered the double chocolate chip frappucino. It has no coffee in it and it tastes just like a frozen hot chocolate, it's delicious!

After my frosty beverage, I was refreshed and ready to do a little more shopping! I had my Old Navy groupon burning a hole in my pocket so I headed there next. I picked a few things up for myself and Michael. I headed next door to TJ Maxx to see if they had anything. I found a really cute skirt and a few cute 4th of July home decor items. I was able to set up a little arrangement on our entryway with the new items. It's feeling very patriotic in our entryway!

After TJ Maxx, I headed home to cool off and relax. I had been running around all day so I was pretty tired. I made some dinner and then I began to tackle some laundry. I had about 8 loads of clean clothes that needed to be folded, hung and put away. I had been putting it off for way too long so I found some motivation to get it done. I spent about 4 hours folding, hanging, and organizing everything in our closet. I was so proud that I got it all done. Unfortunately, this morning at about 2 am I heard a very loud crash. It woke me up out of a dead sleep. I got up and saw that our closet door was closed but it wasn't closed when I went to bed. Oh no, it was my worst nightmare. One of the wire shelves on the side of the closet had completely collapsed. All my hard work was for nothing. I told Michael that I'm never doing laundry again!

I haven't even started dealing with that mess yet, I need Michael's help. This morning I got up early, made some breakfast and then headed to Whole Foods to do our grocery shopping. After grocery shopping I headed to Target to pick up a few things and then headed home. The rest of the day I've been doing some things around the house and I went for a walk since its so beautiful out. Poor Porkchop has been wondering where his Dada has been all weekend. He's been sleeping in Michael's spot on the couch all weekend.

Michael got home from his fishing trip around 6:15. He decided he just wanted to order some dinner in instead of me cooking a Sunday dinner. So we ran and got some dinner and came back to eat. After dinner Michael needed to package all the filets of fish he brought home. They didn't catch much on Saturday but Michael did catch a big salmon. Here he is with his biggest catch. He didn't feel very well after their day on the lake Saturday so he didn't go out today. Luckily all the other guys went out and caught their limit and even caught Michael's share which was really nice. Michael came home with a lot of walleye. I can't wait to have it for dinner tomorrow. There's nothing like fresh fish.

 We are just going to relax and enjoy being back together tonight. I'm so happy to have my love back. He's happy to have his butt groove back in his couch too!

I hope all of you had a great weekend and have a speedy week ahead! I'm really looking forward to next weekend so I hope this week flies by!

No comments:

Post a Comment