Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Weekend Recap

We have had a really fun and action-packed weekend celebrating Father's Day with our families. On Friday I worked from home. I had to get a blood test, which turned into a total nightmare. I got stuck 8 times and my arm is looking really angry. I worked the rest of the day and then after work Michael and I headed over to Rich and Tif's to hangout, have dinner and play with Jacob. Jacob started walking on Thursday so we really wanted to be able to witness it! We went and had dinner at Famous Dave's our new regular spot apparently. Jacob was in such a good mood and was making all of us laugh.

After dinner we headed back to Rich and Tif's. We got to play with Jacob for a while and had so much fun. He is getting to be such a big boy. We also got to see him walking all over the living room. It was too cute! At about 9 we headed home since it was time for Jacob to go to bed. I also needed to make dessert for my parent's house the next day. I made one of my Dad's favorites, Oreo Fudge Ice Cream Cake. It needs to set overnight so that's why I had to make it before we went to bed.

On Saturday we got up and went to breakfast and then ran a few errands. We relaxed for a bit and then headed down to my Mom and Dad's. We were all getting together to celebrate Father's Day and my Dad's birthday which is this week as well. My Mom made a really yummy dinner to celebrate. We had BBQ ribs, parmesan potatoes, broccoli, asparagus, chopped salad and garlic bread. We were lucky that it didn't rain either so we got to sit in their beautiful gazebo.

After dinner we sat outside, enjoyed the nice weather and just hung out. We went inside to clean up and to have Dad open his presents and have dessert.

A new wallet since his other one has a hole in it.
Since when do wallets come pre-loaded?

Porkchop wanted to help, he loves to open presents!

He loves his Fish Face shirts

Mom's amazing wrapping job!

Another Fish Face shirt!

Electronic sudoku, his favorite!

After Dad was finished opening his presents, we had our dessert. We hung out a little longer and headed home around 9.

Today we got up, went to breakfast and then did our grocery shopping. We relaxed for a couple of hours and then we headed out to Arlington Racetrack. We met up with Michael's parents, Rich, Tif, Jacob and Tif's parents and brothers. We had box seats which was nice so we were all together. We were worried all week about it raining and it was the most beautiful day. The track was so lush and green.

We had fun betting on the ponies and we actually walked away with what we came with since Michael had a $100 win on one of the races. It's always fun to pick a pony and see who's horse wins!

It was Jacob's first time at the track and he seemed to have a good time. He looked super cute in an outfit we brought him back from Disney last month.

We had a lot of fun at the track with everyone. We all got to hang out and just enjoy the weather and the beautiful scenery. This might have to become an annual tradition! Michael's Dad ended up the big winner by betting it all on a long shot in the last race. He won $150, so he had a good Father's Day!

After Arlington, we came home, grabbed some dinner and we are just going to relax the rest of the night. It's been a busy weekend, I can't believe it's over already. I could use another day off. Hopefully this week will go by fast. We have nothing planned next weekend and I can't wait to just be low key. I hope all of you had a great weekend and a Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment