Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Recipe: BBQ Bacon Sliders


I saw these on Pioneer Woman's blog last week and I knew I had to make them Memorial Day weekend. As most of her recipes, it did not disappoint. The only thing I would change would be to just use a 1 half strip of bacon and not two. I think the bacon would crisp more. Other than that, they were delicious and are a perfect addition to your next barbecue. I think they would be great with ground turkey and turkey bacon too. I think I will try them for a lower calorie version next time!

Ingredients
2 pounds Ground Beef 
1 teaspoon Sea Salt 
1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper 
1 teaspoon Garlic Pepper
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1 TablespoonWorcestershire Sauce 
8 stripsThin/regular Bacon 
¼ cupsBarbecue Sauce 
8 slices cheese: Cheddar, Jack, Etc. 
8 Slider Rolls


Combine meat with all seasoning ingredients.

Knead with hands to combine. 

 Form into small-to-medium sized balls.
 Cut slices of bacon in half lengthwise. Wrap one half around ball of hamburger, pulling slightly to keep taut. Smooth to secure seam. Repeat with other half of bacon, ending seam in the same place.



Place patties, bacon seam side down, on hot grill. Press gently on each patty to flatten as much as you can without squeezing meat out of the edges. Brush each patty liberally with barbecue sauce.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until bacon is cooked to your specifications.

Remove from grill and lay a cheese shaving on each patty. 
 
 Serve on a roll with your choice of toppings/condiments. Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment