Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weekend Recap

This weekend went by way too fast. I worked a really long day on Friday and then we went out with Michael's family to check out a new restaurant that someone in Michael's family was opening. We didn't realize it was a bar/club so we didn't end up staying for dinner. A group of us went to Claim Jumper to get a bite to eat. We weren't able to see the sad Blackhawk's game but we were keeping track on our Blackberrys. After dinner we headed home and crashed.

Saturday morning we got up early and went to breakfast and then headed to the Downer's Grove Farmer's market. My sister lives in Downer's Grove and her and Teddy have been going to the farmer's market every week and said we should check it out.


We found a lot of great items for the week. It was fun to go to a different market than the one we've been going to every week and see some different vendors. We got some fresh meat this week as well. There was a pork farmer there and we picked up fresh bacon for tonight's Sunday dinner and some fresh bratwurst for a weeknight dinner. After the farmer's market we headed to my parents to pick up my mom and Arla to go for final dress fittings for the wedding which is only 2 weeks away!! All of our dresses fit great and we were able to bring them home with us. Somehow I didn't take any pictures. I was busy getting Arla and my mom in and out of their dresses and getting mine on, I just didn't get a chance. After the fittings my mom, Arla and I grabbed some sandwiches for lunch. 

After lunch we went home to pick up my Dad and Michael to head to the Wilton tent sale. I was so excited to go! Last year was the first time I had heard about the sale and went. I found so many great things last year, I was excited to see what I would find this year. I went by myself last year too, so it was fun to have a group go together. I had told everyone how much stuff there was and how crowded it would be and I don't think everyone really believed me. It was packed! 

 Inside the tent sale; it seems like it goes on and on!

Michael and I found so many great things. We really needed some new baking pans. Too many of our pans are way too big and it's just the two of us so we wanted some more medium sized pans. We got 11 new aluminum commercial grade pans. I also got to stock up on all of my baking supplies to make cake pops, cupcakes and Christmas cookies this year. They also had Mario Batalli's kitchen line so we picked up some new kitchen gear. The prices are amazing, we got over 50 items and the average item price was just over $4. You can't beat it. Check out our bounty!

 Our Wilton finds!

Another view of the goods!

After the Wilton sale we went over to Arla's for a while to wait for our dinner reservations. We had dinner at FlatTop Grill. Our dinner was so good. I almost forget how good it is and then we go there and I want to go back right away! After dinner we headed to downtown Downer's grove and got some ice cream at Every Day's a Sundae. The homemade ice cream was delicious and we had fun just hanging out for a while. After ice cream, it was time to say good bye and we headed home. I was excited to come home and sort out all our Wilton swag!! I pulled out everything we bought and sorted it out and then removed all the packaging and wrapping. I also went through our old stuff to figure out what needed to be thrown out.

On Sunday, we had nothing planned. We went to breakfast and then it was such a beautiful morning, we went for a long walk afterward on one of the forest preserves paths. After our walk we headed to Schaumburg to go to Whole Foods and get our weekly groceries. After grocery shopping we went next door to the new Crate and Barrel and just walked around to see if we could find anything, which of course we did! After Crate and Barrel we went to Dick's Sporting Goods and Sports Authority to find some new rollerblades. Michael and I have been wanting to get some for a while. After we saw some people rollerblading on the path this morning, we decided we both wanted a pair. I found a pair right away and after many tries, Michael finally found a pair. We tried them out this afternoon and it felt like it hadn't been 10 years since I had been skating. It was great! Michael is a little rusty, but I'm sure after a few times out, he will be right with me.


Michael's new skates
 
My new skates

The rest of the today we tried to relax as much as possible. Michael grilled us up some hamburgers for lunch and I unfortunately had to work for a while today. We had a delicious Sunday dinner with the recipe Michael found a few weeks ago for bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. We made it along with fresh asparagus, mashed potatoes and some biscuits. It was delicious.

 A delicious Sunday dinner!

For dessert we had some yummy s'mores cupcakes we got from the Whole Foods bakery this morning.
 S'mores cupcake, yum!

Tonight we are going to be cheering on the Blackhawks to a win! I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a good week ahead. I am really hoping this week goes by fast because it is going to be a rough one for me work wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment