Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Weekend Recap

Hi everyone, I hope you had a great weekend. Our weekend was pretty much all about getting things done for Ethan's nursery but we had some fun in there too. On Friday we headed over to Rich and Tif's to hang out with them, the kids and Ken. We went and grabbed some dinner and then just headed back to relax and play with Jacob.

On Saturday Michael met his Dad at Home Depot to pick up some nursery supplies and I headed out to the stores. I was looking for some accessories for the nursery. I need a mirror for his bathroom, bathroom accessories and some fabric storage totes for the bottom of the bookcases we are installing. I struck out on the mirror and bath accessories but I did find some great storage totes.


The totes look like this one above but they are a pretty slate blue/gray color. While I was shopping Michael and his Dad were hard at work installing crown molding in the nursery. They were able to get it all installed in one day. 


They called it quits around 5 and Michael took a shower and we headed to Arla and Teddy's. We were baby-sitting little Lily for the night. She was so cute and we played for a little while before giving her a bottle and putting her to bed for the night.


On Sunday we got up and went out to breakfast. Michael's Dad was over again to finish up the crown molding. They needed to fill all of the nail holes and the seams at the corner before they are painted. After they were done doing the touch-ups Michael and I headed out to lunch. Michael has been begging me to go to Flattop for a few months now but it didn't agree with me the last time I was there when I was newly pregnant. Since he worked so hard this weekend I agreed. Thankfully I felt fine and it was really good.


After lunch we headed to Lowe's to pick up some more things for the nursery. We got a new vanity and faucet for the little man's bathroom. I'm going to do a full update on nursery progress this week. After Lowe's we headed home to meet someone from Craig's List who bought two chairs we were selling. Luckily they bought them and we have another thing gone that was taking up space in the nursery. 

The rest of the night we just relaxed and took it easy. I'm so happy we have accomplished so much already in the nursery. I am hoping in 6 weeks it will almost all be done. And then once we have our shower we'll be able to finish all of the little details. I hope all of you had a great weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment