Monday, August 19, 2013

Weekend Recap

We had another great weekend. On Thursday Ethan had his 15 month doctor's appointment so we kept him home from daycare and took some time off work. He was running around the room while we waited for the doctor like a nut!

Ethan's check up went great. He is right on track with all of his milestones and is a perfectly healthy little boy. He was almost 35 inches tall and almost 28 pounds. He is the size of a 2 year old according to the charts! The doctor said that all of his numbers are proportionate and that he is just a big boy. Of course the worst part is always the shots, but luckily he has just one more shot at 18 months and then only one more at 2. So happy to have most of them behind us. The poor little guy looked so sad after his shots.

Michael and I worked the rest of the day and then we took Ethan to the park before dinner to make up for those nasty shots!

On Friday Michael worked and I enjoyed my favorite day of the week with my little man at the Morton Arboretum! He had so much fun exploring. We went on a pine cone and acorn hunt to use for some Fall craft projects. Ethan was so excited he held on to his pine cones the rest of the day!

Ethan is getting stronger and stronger with his walking so I took him through this bridge and rope course to see how he would do. It says it's not for toddlers but I've seen plenty of 2 year olds going through. Ethan absolutely loved it. He kept going back for more. It was nice because there was no one else there he got to go so many times.

Friday night we went to Michael's parent's house for dinner. It was so nice out so we got to sit outside and the kids got to play and Ethan spent lots of time in the swing. After dinner we didn't get to stay too long because Ethan was getting super cranky since it was past his bed time.

On Saturday we got up and went out to breakfast. Ethan got a balloon at breakfast and that could of been the end of his day and he would have been happy! The boy is balloon obsessed right now!

After breakfast we got on the road and headed to the Chicago Botanic Garden. It was the most beautiful day and we had a great time. It's an amazing place to visit. I'm going to do a whole post on our visit this week because I took hundreds of pictures, but here are a few of my favorites.


After our visit to the Botanic Garden we had lunch at our favorite sushi spot, Sushi Kushi Toyo. It was delicious as always. Then we made our way home. Our little boy was exhausted. He fell asleep in about 30 seconds and he held on to his balloon the whole way home. He's so sweet.

On Sunday we hung out at home in the morning and then we took Ethan to 2Toots Train Whistle Grill. It's a restaurant where your food is delivered to your table via train. Ethan loves trains so we've been wanting to bring him here for a while. He loved it! He didn't want to eat because he just wanted to watch the trains the whole time. He had a lot of fun and the food was good. We will definitely be back.

After lunch we were driving home and we saw a park so we stopped for a some play time and a swing. Michael was apparently feeling like a kid again too!

For Sunday dinner Michael made us a super yummy meal. He made tilapia in a lemon butter, garlic and shallot sauce with mashed potatoes and homemade cheddar bay biscuits. It was delicious!

I hope all of you had a great weekend as well and here's to a quick week so we can do it all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment