Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekend Recap

Another great weekend and lots of family time. On Friday after Michael was done with work we headed over to Tif's parents house for Fantasy Football 2012 draft night. All of the guys have been looking forward to this for a while. Tif, Sandi and I are just going along with the program to keep our men happy! Don't get me wrong, I love football but I don't really get the whole Fantasy thing. I just like watching the Bears every Sunday. But anyways, we all met up to have dinner and do the draft. I made a veggie tray and some chocolate dipped rice krispie treats that were perfect for the occasion! They also ordered some pizzas, everything was yummy.



Rich, Ken and Ray had everything set up and ready to go. Ethan kept an eye on things until the draft was officially open.






Finally it was time to draft, little did I know that it would take hours. I did my first few rounds and then after that Ethan needed to eat and some attention so Michael finished up the rest of my picking.




So Fantasy Football has officially begun. God help Tif and I, our Sundays will now be completely dominated by screaming and swearing at the television and constant trade discussions! 

On Saturday we didn't really have any plans. We went to breakfast at Honey Jam, did grocery shopping, played with the little man and hung out for the most part. I also did some shopping. I found a few cute bracelets and a hat for Fall at Charming Charlie.


 For dinner I tried a new recipe from Pinterest for garlic bread spaghetti braid. It was delicious! I'll post the recipe tomorrow.


On Sunday we headed down to my parent's house to spend the day with my family. My Dad just got back from a fishing trip on Lake Erie so we had a fish fry for dinner. It was such a fun day hanging out and playing with the kids. Lily is everywhere these days so it was fun watching her crawl and walk around all of the furniture. 




Ethan was a good boy and napped really well. He got lots of Grandma and Papa time in too, they were in grandbabies heaven! 







Dinner was delicious as always. Michael and Mom fried up all of the fish and we had fresh sweet corn, make your own baked potato and salad.






For dessert I made my oreo ice cream cake, but didn't take any pictures. All in all, another wonderful weekend. We don't have any big plans for Labor Day next weekend, but I'm just happy to have a 4 day weekend! I hope all of you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment