Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Ethan's World: 3 Month Review


3 months already little man! I can't believe our Summer together is over, but I can honestly say without a doubt this has been the best Summer of my life. Even though I am back to work I am so happy I will have a 3 day weekend with you every week and Mondays we will only be apart for part of the day. I have loved watching you grow every day. You are just amazing to watch. You are so interested in everything going on around you. This month you discovered your furry brother Porkchop. You love to watch him walk around and you've even started smiling and talking at him! You are smiling, giggling, talking, cooing, blowing bubbles and even screeching these days. You are very vocal, I think you are going to be a talker like your Mommy, uh oh! Your neck is getting stronger, you've even been sitting in your little seat and you are doing so well in it. You are tolerating tummy time a little more, but not for long periods. I know most people are sad when their babies move out of the newborn stage, but I'm excited for all of the fun new things you are doing. I love thinking about what you will be doing next month and I can't wait to watch it all happen. We love you so much little man!

Weight:
As of today you weigh 15 pounds 1 oz, the 89th percentile. Holy cow kid, you are big!

Height:
You are 27 inches long and still off the charts in height!


Clothing Size:
   You are growing out of 0 - 3 months and fitting comfortably in 3 months.

Diapers:
  Still in Pampers size 1 diapers, I think you will be in size 2 by 4 months.

Feeding:
Still a little chow hound! You eat 6 times a day and 5 oz at each feeding. 


Hair/Eyes:
Your hair is really starting to grow and it's so cute, you look like you have a built-in hair style! Your eyes are still blue, I think we have a brown-haired, blue-eyed boy.

Sleep:
You are still sleeping great, you sleep 7 - 8 hours every night. Your schedule really seems to be working well. You have 2 short naps and 2 long naps a day and you go to sleep at 10 at night and wake up around 5:30 - 6. My goal before you were here was to have you sleeping through the night by the time I went back to work. I never could have dreamed you would make it so easy on me! You are still swaddled which I think is one reason why you sleep so well, but I know we are going to have to start weaning you from the swaddle in the next month or so. 

Fun Stuff You Did This Month:



Sitting Up
You are getting to be such a big boy and you are sitting up in your chair. You look so cute in there and I can tell you like being up and looking around. You only sit in there for around 10 minutes before your neck gets tired, but I know that time will increase more and more. I see many dinners with you sitting on top of the table next month! We also moved you into your big stroller seat. Up until now you've hung out in the bassinet or your car seat during our walks. You really seem to like sitting upright and looking around at everything.






Reading Books and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Another new thing this month is you are loving all of your books. You've always loved to hear me read to you and now you love looking at all of the pictures. You also really like watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Of course love for Disney is in your blood, but you are so cute screeching and cooing when you see and hear Mickey and his friends don the screen! 







Milwaukee Zoo
Last month we checked out Brookfield Zoo with Auntie Arla. This month we went up to Milwaukee to check out their zoo with Auntie Tif, Jacob, Makayla and Mimi and Grampster (Tif's parents) came too! It was a beautiful day and we saw lots of animals!







Your first year month by month



1 comment: