Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend Recap

We had a great family-filled Easter weekend! I was off of work Thursday and Friday so it was even better! We met with a potential pediatrician and loved him so Ethan officially has his doctor. That was the last big detail we needed to nail down. On Friday after Michael was done with work, we headed to Rich and Tif's to hangout and go to dinner. We went to Bulldog's again and it was pretty yummy. It's becoming our new spot. After dinner we hung out with the kids and the guys played with the craps table they built last weekend. After the kids went to bed, Tif and I went out to join them and played a few rounds before Michael and I called it a night. Mama gets pretty tired earlier these days!

On Saturday we got up and had some breakfast and then we colored Easter eggs! I can't wait until Ethan is here to do all of these fun things with him!






And what happened to all of those pretty colored eggs? Well I added some celery and fresh chives, some mayo and spices and voila, egg salad!


It was very yummy for lunch. It's my favorite part of coloring Easter eggs!


After lunch we went for a walk around the neighborhood and then I took a little power nap for an hour. When I woke up it was time to shower and get ready to celebrate Easter with Michael's family. 





Michael's parents set up an Easter egg hunt in the living room for Jacob. He loved it! Every time he would find an egg and put it in his basket he would clap, it was hilarious!







Uncle Michael helped Jacob go through all of his loot

Makayla in a box

Jacob in a box


We had a really nice time and lots of yummy food. All the kids made out with their Easter baskets. Even Ethan got 2 Easter baskets! None of my pictures turned out for that part of the night though. 

On Sunday we headed to my parents house for Easter brunch with my Mom's side of the family. We got there a little early to help out and we got to take some family pictures outside. 

Miss Lily has arrived!






After taking some pictures we just relaxed for a while before everyone else arrived. Lily watched some cartoons with Papa and Arla opened Lily's Easter basket that we got for her.



Sadly when everyone else arrived, my camera was put away so I could help my Mom get all of the food finished cooking and out for the brunch buffet to begin. All of the food was so good, nobody left hungry! We hung out at my parents a little while longer after everyone left and then we headed home. We just relaxed and watched some tv. It was a great weekend and a great Easter. Next weekend we are celebrating lots of birthdays, Tif's, my Mom's and Teddy's. It's crazy to think we'll be celebrating Ethan's birth day in a few weeks as well! I hope all of you had a wonderful Easter and a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment