Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Family Favorite Recipe: Michael's Meatloaf


Growing up, I never liked meatloaf. Whenever my mom would make it, I would get a hamburger instead. Now I now that sounds ridiculous since they are both made of ground beef, but I really hated onions and she always put onions in it. All the time that Michael and I have been together, we never had eaten meatloaf. A couple of months ago, Michael asked if we could have it for dinner one night because he really had a taste for it. I wasn't too excited about it, to be honest since I never liked it as a kid. I was totally wrong though because it was delicious! I have been wanting to get the full recipe recorded so I can add it to our family cookbook. 

Ingredients
1 lb of ground beef
3 slices of bacon
1 egg
1/4 onion
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup parsley
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
salt and pepper to taste

Ingredients

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mince the onion and add to ground beef in large bowl.


Add the ketchup, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, egg, parsley and salt and pepper.

Michael's favorite ingredient!

Mix all of the ingredients with the meat mixture,

Press the mixture into a pan sprayed with a non-stick spray

Place the bacon strips on top of the meatloaf in the pan.

Bake for 40-45 minutes

Slice up and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment