Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekend Recap

This past week was a rough one. With everything that happened last weekend, it just continued the rest of the week. Work was extremely crazy this past week, and Friday was particularly bad. Of course it was Friday the 13th so I think that had something to do with it.

I was having the day from hell and then my mom called me to tell me that squirrels chewed through all of the wires on her engine and she had to have her car towed from work and then she got home and got the mail and had a weird letter from some random company thanking her for her purchase only to find out her credit card was stolen. She went online and there were 13 different transactions charged to her card. So my day was not that bad, but I felt terrible for my parents since they have had just the roughest week with Chewy passing away to have to deal with anything else.

I had to work late on Friday so I missed a dinner with my in-laws which stunk, but Michael was able to go. He then surprised me by coming home with some special surprises for me! He went to a holiday open house at a local nursery by us and bought me all kinds of cool Christmas ornaments and Christmas decorations. It was so sweet and just what I needed after the past day and week. He always knows how to make me feel better. He also informed me that he hired a cleaning lady to come on Monday so that I didn't have to spend all weekend cleaning! He's the best!

On Saturday, we did some organizing and cleaned out the garage and put away all our seasonal stuff like patio furniture cushions, hoses, etc. We put away all the Halloween tubs and Michael also pulled out all my tubs of Christmas decorations for the day after Thanksgiving! I'm so happy everything is all organized and put away and I am even more excited to come home tomorrow to a sparkling house after the cleaning lady!

On Saturday night we went to an engagement party for my cousin Chris. He is actually getting married on New Year's Eve but they are only having a handful of people so this is the only celebration we get to share with them. Here's a picture of Michael and I from the party.


After the party we went back to my mom and dads and hung out for awhile. Then we got a great gift from my parents. My mom has an amazing Dept. 56 village for Christmas with literally hundreds of pieces. She never gets to put everything out because she has so many pieces and it takes up so much space. So, my sister and I were lucky enough to get some of my parent's collection. We each walked away with an entire village we got so many pieces. I can't wait to put it up in a couple of weeks!

Today Michael and I did our ritual breakfast and grocery shopping for the week. Then we spent the rest of the day shopping for Christmas and we are all done! It was great, and I am super excited for some of the surprise gifts we have to give this year! I'm just glad we are done, it takes a lot of pressure and stress out of the holidays and now we can just enjoy it.

It was such a great weekend and we got so much accomplished, I love that feeling. I feel a lot less stressed and I am excited that the holidays are so close. I have one full week of work left this week and then I only have to work 2 days Thanksgiving week. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment