Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Putting the "thanks" back into Thanksgiving



I just have to say, Thanksgiving really gets the shaft.

As soon as all the tricks and treats are handed out, it seems like the Christmas trees pop up overnight in every store and Christmas music starts playing the first day of November. I mean don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but I think each holiday deserves its own appreciation. I love Thanksgiving because to me it is about family and reflecting on how lucky we are. I think this is even more appropriate this year with everything that has happened in the world in the past year.

So I promise not to give Thanksgiving the shaft this year and in that spirit, here is my list of what I'm thankful for in 2009.

1. I have the most incredible husband and we make each other happy everyday
2. We are so lucky to be surrounded by wonderful family
3. We both have great jobs in a very unsteady economy
4. We are healthy and making a conscious effort to be even more so
5. Our family and parents all live close so we can see each other often
6. We have a beautiful home and a warm bed at night
7. We have a fun and crazy puppy to love
8. We are planning to expand our family in 2010
9. We were able to go on 3 vacations this year and have 2 planned next year
10. We have goals and big plans for the future and are getting close to obtaining them

No comments:

Post a Comment