Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Julie & Julia


It's been a busy week, I am finally feeling better. Still not 100% but much better than a week ago.

I did get out last weekend to see Julie & Julia. We absolutely loved it. Meryl Streep was amazing as Julia Child. Michael was talking like Julia Child the rest of the day! It was a really well put together movie. It was funny, heartwarming and inspiring. A lot of people said the Julie story wasn't as strong as the Julia Child story, but I really liked the Julie story. I think its a story more younger people can relate to. All in all, I think its hard not to leave the movie feeling inspired. Inspired to cook, inspired to follow your true dream or passion. I will definitely be buying this movie when it comes out on DVD.

I heard that Julie Child's cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking has been selling out everywhere. They even sold out of it on Amazon! It's like a whole new generation has been introduced to Julia Child and French cooking. I wonder what Julia Child would think of all this?

No comments:

Post a Comment