Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Recap

I haven't done one of these Weekend recaps since November since I had the 25 days of Christmas series running so I was excited to get back to them. We had a great weekend! On Friday I got up early and worked out and came home to wake Ethan up and get him ready for the doctor's. We were going for a final check-up to make sure his double ear infection was fully healed. Thankfully he got a full clean bill of health and his ears looked perfect! We are finally done after 3 weeks of antibiotics. Now we just need to keep him healthy. I am crossing my fingers that we can dodge the flu that has been spreading like wildfire.

Ethan's favorite part of the doctor's appointment was the paper on the examination table. There was hardly any paper left on the table when we left!



We also were celebrating our little boy's 8 month birthday! I can't believe how big he is getting and that him turning 1 is so close. My little man is growing up.



Friday night we met up with Michael's parents, Rich, Tif, Jacob, Makayla and Ken at Benihana for dinner. The food was yummy as always and it was nice to catch up with everyone.


Ethan loved watching the chef toss the meat and veggies around, he was entranced! He also got his first taste of zucchini that wasn't pureed and some white steamed rice. He loved both of them!


He looked pretty darn cute in the chef hat too!


After dinner we headed to Whole Foods since it was on our way home and did our grocery shopping for the week. Then it was pajama time and bed for the little man.

Saturday morning we actually slept in a little, that's 8 o'clock for us! We made some breakfast and then Ethan and I headed out to do some shopping. We headed to Hobby Lobby first for some Valentine's day supplies.



After Hobby Lobby we headed to Babies R' Us to re-stock on some baby food and other supplies for our little man. On the way home it was 50 degrees so I stopped at the Spring Creek Reserve for a walk before January temperatures are back to what they should be. Ethan was sleeping in a matter of minutes.



When we got home Michael was in the kitchen working on his first batch of homemade beer. He just got a brewing kit and wanted to test it out.


While Michael was working on his beer I made lunch for all of us. Ethan tried out some new yogurt melts, which he loved, and had some purees. He also tried out his new Mickey straw cup. I love that he was holding it by Mickey's ears instead of the handles!





I made a new recipe for lunch for skinny grilled cheeseburger wraps. They were super yummy! I'll be sharing the recipe this week. 


Saturday night we just relaxed and watched the Packers lose to the 49'ers. It was great!

Sunday morning we got up, made some breakfast and then it was playtime! Ethan is just loving all of his toys he got for Christmas. Porkchop likes playing with him too! They are so cute together.




Then it was time for Ethan's morning nap so while he was sleeping I worked on a Valentine's Day wreath. I'm going to put up all of my Valentine's decorations next weekend so I wanted to get the wreath done. I think it came out really cute. I love the sparkly tulle!



The rest of the day we played some more, watched more playoff football games and then made Sunday dinner. We had baked lemon and pistachio cod that we picked up at Whole Foods on Friday. It was delicious!



Hope all of you had a great weekend as well!

2 comments:

  1. I've been MIA but I made sure to catch up on your blog today! Mr Ethan is SO cute! (Love the wreath!)

    ReplyDelete