Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Sofia's World: 17 Months


17 Months little girl, I can't believe you will be a year and a half next month! Time is flying and it needs to slow down. This is such a fun age right now. You are learning so much it's amazing. Your word list has grown by leaps and bounds this month. You are over 50 words now and add new ones every day. You will try to repeat almost anything we ask you to and you get close most of the time. It's amazing! Some of my favorite new words you are saying are: turkey, turtle, Bubba, fishy, peek-a-boo, Gickey (Mickey Mouse and is exactly what your brother called him too). 

My absolute favorite new words you are saying though are "Love you." I was making dinner in the kitchen and you came up to my leg, hugged it and said, "love you." It was the sweetest thing ever and made me cry. You say it all the time now and I love it. I had to wait until Ethan was 2 before I heard him say those words so I feel so lucky that you said it early and know what they mean. You are such a little lover and so affectionate, I love it. You constantly come up and hug and kiss us and it's the best. You rarely stop, but you always stop to give us love!

Another one of my favorite things you started this month is saying, "clean-up." You are such a good helper. One morning I heard a noise coming from the kitchen and I didn't know what it was so I went running and you had put your bowl that had your breakfast in it, in the sink! You have to stand up on your tip toes, but you can put your bowl or plate in the sink. You are so proud of yourself when you do it too! It's so cute. We ask you to clean up if you spill something or to put back your toys and you say, "clean-up" over and over and will start picking things up and putting them back.





This month you did your first official craft on your own. We painted a canvas for Valentine's Day and you loved it! You amazingly didn't get too messy either! I will have to come up with another craft to do for Easter too!





You have a new love in your life, your stuffed panda. You got a motorized panda for Christmas and have been obsessed with pandas ever since. Panda was one of your first words too. I got you a super soft panda that you could actually sleep with for Valentine's day and you bring it with you every where. I need to buy a back-up just in case something ever happens to it you love it so much!

It was love at first squeeze! She was saying, "aww."



She reads him books about pandas!

She sleeps with him every night too!

We went to the Shedd Aquarium this past weekend and you almost lost your mind! You were going crazy looking at all of the fish, sharks, whales, dolphins and penguins! You would screech with glee every time we went to a different exhibit! You love animals so it was so much fun to see your reactions!









You will have a doctor's appointment next month so we will see what your height, weight and other stats are. You got two new teeth this month, two molars have popped through. I don't know why you got those before your others, but they didn't seem to bother you much and for that I am grateful.

You are still sleeping and eating great like always. You really are such an easy baby except for your curious nature that gets you into trouble, but other than that, you are a breeze. You are happy, loving, funny, smart and I'm so lucky I get to call you my daughter. We love you so much and we can't wait to see what amazing things you'll be up to next month!













No comments:

Post a Comment