Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Hiking at the Arboretum

The Morton Arboretum is probably our favorite place we visit regularly. I definitely get every pennies worth out of our membership. They have a great Children's Garden that we go to all the time but they also have miles and miles of hiking trails. I discovered them late last year and I had to push Ethan in a stroller on all the trails. I was pretty excited to take him this year and that he could walk on his own! I took him a few weeks ago and he was in heaven; he's such a nature boy and I love it! He was picking up sticks, rocks, acorns, leaves, anything he could pick up. We walked about a couple miles and he did really well.



















Yesterday we went for another hike but this time with my sister and my nieces. It was Lily's first time walking the trails instead of being in a stroller and she loved it just like Ethan. They had a lot of fun together. Lily loves rocks and sticks too so they were constantly on the hunt for them. It is such a beautiful and peaceful way to spend the morning. I can't wait until the leaves start to change, it's going to be spectacular! 











No comments:

Post a Comment