Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lake Geneva Weekend Recap

We had such a nice getaway in Lake Geneva this weekend. I hardly took any pictures though. On Friday, which was Michael's birthday, we got up and got ready to go. I also had to give Michael his birthday gifts. I got him an authentic, customized Bears jersey which I gave him the previous weekend for game day. I had a couple other gifts for him though that I actually waited for his birthday to give him. I got him an iPhone dock that he had been wanting for his bedside table. I also got him a small helicopter that can be flown with his iPhone. He loved them both!




We hadn't packed a thing so we packed our bags and we left around 10 am. We dropped off Porkchop at Michael's parents house for the weekend and we were on the road. We made pretty good time and rolled into town at lunch time. We headed to one of our favorite places, Popeye's. No, not that Popeye's. We had a yummy lunch and then walked around to a few of the stores. 

After some shopping, we headed to the hotel to check in. We were staying at the Grand Geneva Resort of course, I wouldn't stay anywhere else! We went to our room and got settled and relaxed. Michael had to do a few things for work and I passed out and took a little nap. For dinner that night we headed back into town and went for some Japanese food at Tempura House. It was very good. After dinner we headed back to the resort and headed to the lobby for some dueling pianos and drinks. We had a good time and headed back to the room late and crashed.

Saturday morning we got up and had breakfast at the resort before heading into town to do some more shopping. I was so happy it wasn't raining. We thought it was going to rain all day Friday and Saturday and it didn't rain once. We headed to Main Street and I hit some of my favorite Lake Geneva boutiques, Cornerstone Shoppe and Notice along with some others. I got a few cute things. I got a decorative Halloween plate at Cornerstone and I got a new purse at Notice. I didn't take pictures of them yet, hopefully this week. 

After shopping we headed back to the resort to do the corn maze they set up this year. We wanted to take advantage of the good weather and I was glad we did. We had a lot of fun. They didn't give us a map but they had 10 markers throughout the maze and they gave you questionnaires before you went in that would tell you which way to turn at each of the markers. We picked a tv/movies questionnaire and knew every answer except one so we did the maze pretty quickly. We got a little turned around in the second half but it was fun, plus it was a nice little hike to burn off some of the calories we had eaten! The picture below is from Grand Geneva's website of an aerial view of the maze, it was pretty big! The other pictures are of us in the maze.








After the maze we grabbed some lunch and headed to our room. We were pretty tired from running around all day so we both passed out for a couple of hours. We relaxed the rest of the afternoon and then showered and got ready for dinner. 

We went to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner, Geneva Chophouse. The food is phenomenal. It's always our favorite meal when we are in Lake Geneva. We had $150 in gift certificates so we went full tilt! I had a salad and Michael had shrimp cocktail for an appetizer. For dinner, I had a veal chop and Michael had a filet with king crab legs. We also got a trio of sides with a baked potato, mashed potatoes and then green beans with pancetta. Everything was delicious! We were in major food comas when we left! We headed to the lobby bar to listen to the piano and we played some cards for a while too. 

Today we were up and out early so we could beat the traffic home. We stopped for breakfast on the way home and headed straight to Michael's parents house to pick up Porkchop. They said he was a good boy and he was so happy to see us. After picking up Porkchop we headed home to unpack and relax. Michael wanted to play with his new helicopter so he played with that while I caught up on some of my blogs.


Michael made some buffalo chicken dip and we headed over to Rich and Tif's to watch some football. I got a lot of Makayla time in. She slept most of the time and was so cute!


We had such a good weekend, it was so nice to celebrate Michael's birthday in Lake Geneva. We lucked out with no rain and we just loved being able to relax and take it easy. I hope all of you had a great weekend and have a good week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment