Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend Recap

Whew, we had one busy weekend! I feel like we ran a marathon this weekend. The great thing though is we got to spend lots of time with family and friends. On Friday I took the day off but Michael had to work in the morning. He had a bunch of deliveries to make so I hopped in the car with him so he wouldn't have to be alone.      He had to work until early afternoon but then was done for the day. Later in the afternoon we went over to Rich and Tif's to hang out and have dinner. We decided on Cheesecake Factory for something different for a change. It was yummy, but way too much food. You can't even eat half of what they put on your plate! Jacob really enjoyed his kids pizza and milk!


On Saturday we were up and out pretty early. We went and had breakfast and then headed down to my parents. My mom and I wanted to go to the Frankfort Fall fest craft fair. The earlier you get there the better since it gets pretty crowded, so we were there at opening. It was a nice craft fair but it was hotter than hell out so we missed some of the booths since its so big and we were just done. It was pretty crowded too. We waited in line for almost 40 minutes to get some ornaments personalized! 


We got some really cute stuff though. I love the Halloween sign that I got. I have several of her other signs for Christmas, Easter, and Valentines Day. I also got a metal star trio for Halloween and a cute spooky sign. 


Once we had enough of the heat, we headed to lunch and made our way home. We made a couple other stops at Marley candles and Hallmark as well. After all that shopping we were pretty exhausted. I ended up taking a nap on the couch for a couple hours. We planned on going to dinner at one of our favorite places in my hometown Mama Onesta's. Arla and Teddy met up with us as well so it was nice we all were able to get together. Arla and Teddy were busy working on the nursery all weekend so they were filling us in on all the details for their little girl's room. I can't wait to see it all done! We had a really yummy dinner. Every time I go there I always get the same thing, their spaghetti and meatballs. They are the best meatballs I've ever had. They give you way too much and I can never eat even half of it, but the leftovers are the best part! Dad always gets the same thing too and he was very excited about his tutto mare seafood pasta! 



After dinner we all headed home. We had been going for 12 hours and we were pretty exhausted. 

On Sunday Michael went and got us some breakfast at Panera. I got ready, ate some breakfast and then headed over to Rich and Tif's. We were going to head up to the Schaumburg Septemberfest. We go every year, they have a good craft fair that we seem to do pretty good at every year. Tif, myself and her mom went together. 


It was absolutely beautiful out, it was nice just walking around enjoying the weather. We all went home with something, so it was a success. I got a pumpkin bucket that I got last year as well but I really need another one to go on my entryway table. I also found a really cute polka dot ghost and a crystal candy corn bracelet and earrings for Oktoberfest. 


After the craft fair we went back to Rich and Tif's and just hung out for a while and played with Jacob. Then Michael met up with us and we decided to grab some lunch. We had a yummy lunch and then headed home for a little while. I took a little nap before I had to shower and get ready to head out once again. We were meeting Michael's parents, grandma and Rich and Tif out for dinner. We all met up at Benihana. Dinner was good as always and we had fun just visiting with everyone. It was nice we got to see everyone this weekend. After dinner we headed home to relax and just watch some tv. 

Monday, Labor Day, we got up and went to breakfast at Wildberry. We haven't been there in awhile so it was a yummy treat! After breakfast we headed to Whole Foods to load up on groceries for the week. We headed home to unload the groceries and then headed out again to South Barrington to do some shopping. Michael needed to go to Cabela's so he dropped me off at one of the strip malls so I could do some fun shopping. Carter's was having a 50% off the entire store sale plus I had a 20% off coupon. I picked up some fun things for my two nieces on the way and Jacob of course for Christmas. I also needed a 1st birthday gift for my cousin Chris's daughter Ava. Everything was such a good deal. 

After shopping we headed home, threw some turkey burgers on the grill for lunch and just relaxed. We spent the rest of the day pretty much relaxing and enjoying the cooler weather. I went through my Halloween  binder to find some new ideas for Halloween decorating and Oktoberfest recipes. It was a nice lazy afternoon. For Sunday dinner (on Monday) I made one of Michael's favorites, chicken parmigiana. 


We had such a nice holiday weekend. It was even better that it was a 4-day weekend! We both have busy weeks this week, but at least it's a short week. I'm also excited because I'm hoping our niece is going to make her appearance this week. Tif is due on Thursday, but she could come at any time. I can't wait to be an auntie again! And I'll get to do it all over again in November! I hope all of you had a great weekend and enjoy the short week ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment