Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

Sofia's World: 3 Months

You are 3 months Sofia! I cannot believe that another month has gone by. Time needs to slow down. I'm really sad that my maternity leave is coming to an end in a few days. The only thing I can say is that I am so thankful I had this time with you and I actually got 1 more week with you than I did with your brother. I will look forward to Fridays even more so now so that I can start my three day weekend with you and Ethan doing fun things together. You are such a happy baby and we are really starting to see your personality shine. You are talking, cooing, giggling, and blowing bubbles now. You light up when people talk to you. You just go with the flow and it makes things so easy. I'm so excited we got to celebrate this holiday season with you here to make new family memories. Sofia, Daddy and I love you so much. I know this time next month you will be doing all sorts of new things that we can't wait to see and be a part of.  

Weight:
You don't have another doctor's appointment until February so we won't know until then. You were 11 lbs 12 oz at your last appointment, so I know you are over 12 now. You were in the 48% for weight. You are running long like Ethan did but a few pounds less then he was.

Height:
Same thing as your weight, we'll find out at the doctor in February. You were just under 25" at your last appointment so my guess is that you are close to 26" long now. You were 98% for height, you are long and lean! You are running about an inch shorter than Ethan.

Clothing Size:
   You are still fitting in 3 months really well, some outfits are still big, so I think you'll be in that size for at least another month.

Diapers:
  You are in size 1 diapers but I think size 2's are just around the corner since you are so tall.

Feeding:
You're eating 5 - 6 times a day and 4 oz at each feeding.

Hair/Eyes:
You haven't lost all of your hair, but in the spots you have, the hair coming in looks really light, so maybe you will be a blondie. You have beautiful blue eyes like Daddy!

Sleep:
You are an amazing sleeper. Since you were 8 weeks old you've been sleeping between 9 - 11 hours at night. I've been so lucky to have babies that are good sleepers, or maybe it's the schedule and sleep training. Whatever it is, Mommy is very thankful! Your schedule really seems to be working well. You have 2 short naps and 2 long naps a day and you go to sleep around 8 at night and wake up around 6:30 - 7. You are still swaddled which I think is one reason why you sleep so well, but I know we are going to have to start weaning you from the swaddle in the next month or so. 

Likes:
Smiling, fans, lights, bathtime, eating, sleeping, pacifier, being strapped to me in the baby carrier, your brother.

Dislikes:
Putting clothes on, getting strapped into your car seat 

Fun Stuff You Did This Month:

Holiday Happenings!
We have been busy, busy, busy this month with a lot of Christmas activities. It's been so fun to make memories with you here this year, even if you did sleep through a lot of it! 









First night away
Daddy and I sneaked away for a little getaway and you stayed with Grandma and Grandpa for the weekend. I was nervous how both you and I would do being away from each other, but it all turned out great. You were such a good girl for Grandma and Grandpa and I got lots of smiles when we were reunited after the weekend!


Found your hands and feet
In the past few weeks you have found your hands. When you are not swaddled they are in your mouth. You love to suck on them. You've also discovered your feet. You love to stare at them and move them. It's like you are wondering what they are and how you are moving them! It's so cute to watch!



First Christmas
We celebrated your first Christmas and it was so much fun. Even though you won't remember it, I will never forget our first Christmas morning with you!





First New Years Eve
We celebrated your first New Years Eve surrounded by friends and family. You looked so cute and obviously didn't make it to the countdown, but you were so good and slept right through it!




Your first year month-by-month




1 comment:

  1. All of her outfits are just the cutest ever!!! She had a great month for sure =)

    ReplyDelete