Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sofia's World: 1 Month Review


I cannot believe that you are 1 month already little girl! Time is going by so fast, it is crazy; but at the same time it feels like you have always been here. You have definitely completed our family. Life with two kids hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be, and that is because you are such a good girl. You are very laid back and go with the flow. Your brother is absolutely enthralled with you and loves being with you. He helps put your pacifier back in, rubs your head and tells you, "It's okay," when you cry. I can tell you are starting to see better because your eyes track and follow me around the room. You love to suck on your hands, you have since the day you were born, so I'm guessing you were doing it when you were in my belly too. I usually have to pry them out of your mouth if you're not swaddled to get a bottle in there! Sofia, Daddy and I love you so much and we are just so happy that you are here. We can't wait to watch you grow and change and see all of the amazing things that you are going to do. We love you princess!

Weight:
You don't have your one month appointment until later this week so we will find out then. I'm guessing you are in the 9 pound range.

Height:
Same thing as your weight, we'll find out at the doctor this week. My guess is that you are 23" long.

Clothing Size:
   You are still in newborn clothes but I'm guessing you will be moving into 0-3/3 months in the next few weeks.

Diapers:
  We just started using size 1 diapers this week.

Feeding:
You're eating 6 or 7 times a day and 3 oz at each feeding. Breastfeeding didn't work out very well for me again, so you are eating Similac sensitive formula like your brother did.

Hair/Eyes:
You haven't lost any hair, it's actually grown a lot more so I am hoping you aren't going to lose it like your brother did. You have beautiful blue eyes like Daddy!

Sleep:
You are a great sleeper, you've slept in 3-4 hour stretches from the moment we brought you home from the hospital. At night we usually go to bed around 10 and you get up between 1 and 2 and then somewhere around 6. I'm actually sleeping way better with a newborn than I did when I was pregnant with you! We're not on a strict schedule at this point but we keep feedings and naps pretty much within a half hour or so every day to start creating some consistency. 


Likes:
Getting a bath, eating, sleeping, pacifier, being strapped to me in the baby carrier

Dislikes:
Getting your diaper changed, putting clothes on, getting strapped into your car seat 


Fun Stuff You Did This Month:

Pumpkin Patch
At just a couple of weeks old you made your first visit to the pumpkin patch. You slept through most of it, but I of course had to get you out for some pictures. You and your brother looked so adorable in your matching shirts!





Lots of Walks
We've been lucky to have some pretty great weather this Fall and we've been getting out and walking a lot. Ethan loves going on walks with you and pushing the stroller. We've even gone on some hikes and I put you in the carrier and you love it. 





First Bath
You had your first real bath at a little over two weeks old. You screamed your head off at first but once we started pouring the warm water over you, you seemed to like it. Your brother was so excited to help give you a bath. He loved pouring the water on you.




Halloween
To cap off your first month, you celebrated your first Halloween! You were Elsa from Frozen. You were such a pretty tiny princess!


1 comment: