Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Weekend Recap

It was a busy, busy weekend. I feel like we've been going non-stop since Friday. Friday morning, Ethan got his first taste of green beans and he loved them!


Michael and I had to run some errands after breakfast and then our friend Liz and her daughter Lauren came over so I could take a couple of pictures of them. I'm not a professional photographer by any means, but she just needed a picture for her Christmas card, so I was happy to help. I think they came out cute.




Friday afternoon I met someone I sold some home decor items to online and then I went and did our grocery shopping. Friday night Michael played poker with Rich, Ken, Tif's Dad and brothers. Tif, her Mom and the kids came over for a Christmas craft night. We have quite a few projects we want to get done for the holidays so we thought we'd get an early start! We are working on a Christmas wreath, it was a lot of fun. We didn't get to finish it, but we will get it finished at our next session. A sneak peek of our wreath:


On Saturday, we slept in a little, 8 am, which is late for us! We headed out for breakfast and to run some errands. We needed to stock up on some items at Costco so that was our first stop after breakfast. Getting there any later than when the store opens is chaos! We found lots of great things as usual and Ethan had fun shopping too!


We found some cool Christmas things for Ethan, a few books, a toy and a dvd with the old Christmas movies like Frosty and Rudolph on it. I can't wait to show them to Ethan next month!


I also picked up a canvas I had printed there with a picture from our Fall family photo shoot. I never had ordered a canvas from Costco before, but the quality is great and they are so cheap compared to other places. I got a 16x20 for $40! Their photo prints are really cheap too. The new canvas looks great on our family gallery wall!


On our way out of Costco they always have a sign with what their gas price is that day, the sign said $3.16. Michael and I were pretty shocked since it's around $3.50 everywhere else so we figured we better fill up. Apparently everyone else had the same idea because there were about 30 people in line, it was crazy!


After Costco we came home, I put Ethan down for a nap and we prepped some food for Football Sunday that we were hosting this week. After Ethan woke up we were gone again. We went to a craft fair at Harper College, it was pretty crappy. I walked right through in about 20 minutes and didn't spend a penny. On my way home I stopped at Babies R' Us and BuyBuyBaby to get some diapers, wipes, baby food and a baby gate since we think little man will be on the move sooner than later. Ethan has lots of new foods to try!


Saturday night we went to our new favorite place, Georgio's and then just came home and relaxed and played with little man.

Sunday we got up and we woke up to the sounds of our cooing 6 month old! It was our little man's half birthday! We started his day with a haircut, since it grows so fast, and a bath so he looked extra dapper on his big day! Daddy cut his hair and he looked so cute!




After we were all showered and ready we went downstairs to get everything ready for hosting Football Sunday. We decided to do a mini-Oktoberfest/Football Sunday since everyone likes the food we usually have and we didn't have our big Oktoberfest party this year. We had decided not to do it this year with Ethan being so little and we have 2 nieces now with Fall birthdays plus all the fall activities like apple picking and pumpkin picking, its so hard to find an open weekend in September or October. Everyone loves the beer brats and reuben egg rolls though so we decided to have a football Sunday since we usually get together every Sunday anyways. We invited our parents, siblings and some close friends. It was a lot of fun and we had lots of yummy food! I tried to make it easy on myself and only made 3 things and everyone else brought something. It was nice I actually got to visit with everyone instead of being stuck in the kitchen!









After everyone left we cleaned up and did dishes so we could relax the rest of the night with our little peanut. It was a great weekend and we had a lot of fun. I'm actually looking forward to the work week so I can get these next 4 days behind me because starting Friday I'm going to be off work for 10 days! I'm so excited, I'm coming to the end of my busiest time of year so I always look forward to Thanksgiving since I finally get to relax a little. I hope all of you had a good weekend and have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment