Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekend Recap

Well as long as it took the weekend to come it was gone in a flash. After a very long work week for both us we were really happy to have a relaxing weekend with no plans. We were pretty productive for not having any plans though. On Friday, we ordered in some Chinese for dinner and just hung out and watched some tv.

On Saturday we got up and out early. I needed to get a blood test so I wanted to get there early. Apparently everyone else had the same idea because I had to wait for an hour and a half! Oh well, my blood test was easy and painless so that's all I cared about. After my test, we went to our favorite breakfast stop and then headed to Whole Foods. We had decided earlier in the week that instead of going out for Valentine's Day we were going to cook a meal on Sunday to celebrate. So we got everything we needed for our special meal and our weekly supplies. After grocery shopping we headed home. Michael is working on a project for his workshop in the garage so he worked in there most of the day. I decided to do some shopping. I have so many  coupons and gift cards stacked up I couldn't stand to wait anymore! I am glad I did though because I got some great deals. There were some great sales and with all of my gift cards and coupons I spent close to nothing. I got so many pieces that were originally $70-$80 for less than $9! I got some great new pieces for both now and Spring.

Speaking of Spring, it was in the high 30's this weekend and it felt like it was 60. I guess after weeks of sub-freezing temperatures, a few degrees really does feel warmer! A lot of the snow has melted too and hopefully it will all be gone by next weekend. Come on Spring! After my shopping extravaganza, I came home and started working on my Valentine's cake pops that I started last weekend. I needed to dip them in the chocolate and get them packaged up. I didn't end up decorating them, I liked them just as red hearts. I think they came out really cute!


Saturday night we just relaxed. After running around and doing stuff all day we pretty much crashed. We made some homemade pizza for dinner and watched a movie.
Today we got up and met up Rich and Ken at breakfast. We got to catch up with Rich on his and Tif's vacation to Florida. Tif and Baby Jacob are in Florida until Friday so I have to wait 5 more days to hear how Jacob liked Mickey! We had fun at breakfast and then headed home. Michael worked on his workshop in the garage for a few hours and I started prepping for our yummy Valentine's dinner. I made herbed turkey breast, homemade stuffing, boursin mashed potatoes and biscuits. It's one of Michael's favorite meals so I had to make it good! I worked in the kitchen for a few hours getting everything prepped and ready so that all I had to do was just put everything in the oven.

I made us some lunch and then I went upstairs clean our master bedroom and hang up all my new clothes I bought on Saturday. I really needed to clean my closet so I'm glad I got it done before Spring. I have all my warm weather clothes sorted and ready to go, now I just need the warm weather!

Ah...all clean!

By the time I was done with the closet and it was 5 o'clock so I had to get dinner in. I set up the table with our Waterford china that we don't use as much as we should and lit some candles. Dinner was finally ready and we were able to enjoy it. It was pretty yummy if I say so myself!

Our candlelight dinner set-up

The turkey breast fresh out of the oven

All sliced and ready to eat

Mmmm...stuffing

Boursin cheese mashed potatoes

Even Porkchop got to have turkey dinner and eat on china!

We enjoyed our meal and did the dishes together. We just finished our dessert as I type this. We had some yummy gelato from Whole Foods.


We are going to enjoy these last few hours of the weekend before we get ready for the week ahead. We both have another busy week in front of us so hopefully it goes by fast! I'm looking forward to the warmer weather this week too. It would really be nice if we didn't get any more snow. I'm totally over it! I hope all of you had a great weekend and have a speedy week ahead! Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment