Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend Recap - Guns, Roses & Ravioli

Wow, these weeks are flying by, I can't believe it's almost March! We had another weekend of no plans which was nice. We both had a pretty crazy work week so relaxing was the only thing on the agenda. On Friday, I worked from home and got caught up on a lot of work. I had so many meetings this week I really needed to get some work done. After work we headed over to Rich and Tif's. Tif and Jacob finally came home after 2 weeks in Florida, so we were really excited to see them. Michael's parents came over and we had some pizza and just got caught up. I got lots of time with my favorite nephew too. It had been 3 weeks since I had seen him, which was far too long!

He looks very puzzled here

There's that smile I missed!

After eating dinner we hung out for a few hours and just talked. We were all really tired so we called it a night. On Saturday, I slept in until Michael decided he didn't want to be the only one up so he came and jumped on top of me to wake me up. At least he woke me up with the promise of breakfast! We were meeting Rich, Tif, Jacob and Ken. We all met up and had a yummy breakfast. Look who joined us at the table!


He's such a big boy now! After breakfast Michael and I headed home. I needed to do some things around the house and Michael wanted to go to the gun shooting range with one of his friends. I took down all of my Valentine's Day decorations, worked on our meal plan and grocery list for the week, cleaned up the house and got some blog posts ready for the week. The house looks all barren again with no holiday decor. It's going to be a while too since Easter is so late this year.

Bye-bye Valentine's Day decor

Saturday afternoon pretty much sucked because I got an unwelcome surprise and our baby hopes were crushed this month. But, we are moving on to March and hope it will be the lucky month for us. Michael knew I was having a rough day so on his way home he stopped and got me some beautiful roses and some dark chocolate to cheer me up. He is the best!


I made a new recipe, chicken stuffing rolls for dinner and it turned out really well. I will post the recipe and instructions this week. We had a nice dinner and just relaxed the rest of the night.


Today we got up and went to breakfast and to do our grocery shopping for the week. It was a rainy, crappy day so Michael finally persuaded me to go to the gun range with him. He just started shooting again in the past month or so. He shot a lot of rifles, shotguns, etc. when he was younger in boy scouts and really enjoyed it, so he wanted to take it up again as a hobby. He got his FOID card a couple of months ago and just recently got his first gun.

He has been doing everything in his power to get me to go. I have never shot a gun before and it really scares me. I really had no interest in going, but he finally wore me down. I was starting to get a little excited and then we actually stepped foot in the gun range. It was crazy! I wanted to turn around and go hide in the car. It was so loud and with every shot I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest and I was only watching! We came to find out that my ear muffs were pretty crappy so that is one reason it was more intense.

It took Michael about a half hour for me to even consider shooting. He finally got me to shoot a small rifle which doesn't have any kick back and you don't really feel it shoot. Despite my resistance, I finally shot it and actually did pretty well. He was really trying to get me to shoot his handgun but I really wanted nothing to do with it. It's so loud and you see fire shoot out the front of it when it goes off. I was really scared. Especially when you are surrounded with 8 other people with loud guns going off, it is very intimidating. I was perfectly content going home without shooting it but Michael wanted me to know how to shoot it just in case I ever have to. You know, if the Queen of England decides to invade my house! So, I finally gave in. It was really scary and I was scared to death to pull the trigger the first time, but I did it. I fired off a whole round and I have to admit it was kind of exhilarating and a stress reliever all in one. Michael was so happy I finally went with him and proud that a shot a big boy handgun. It had quite the kick back, but I did really well. I was happy that I conquered one of my fears too. He told me this experience was very "blog worthy" and that I needed to take some pictures of me geared up, looking bad ass with his gun.



After my gun slinging adventure, we headed home. We had planned on  making homemade pasta and ravioli for Sunday dinner, so we got right to work. We made the pasta dough and started pushing it through our pasta roller to make the sheets for our ravioli press.


Long sheet of pasta ready to be put into the ravioli press.





The ravioli came out great and were really yummy. We cleaned up after dinner and now we are just relaxing. This weekend turned out a lot more action packed than I originally thought it would. We found out the disappointing news I'm not pregnant, I faced one of my biggest fears, and we did lots of yummy cooking. I hope this next week goes by fast. I am starting back on my fertility meds on Monday so it's gonna be a little bit rough for me. Especially since we are doubling my dosage. Michael is a little afraid! I hope all of you had a great weekend and have a good week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment