Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Easter egg decorating


Easter is a little over 2 weeks away; I still can't believe how early it is this year! I've been looking for some fun and new ideas to decorate eggs. Usually we just get the PAAS color kit but with Ethan here this year I wanted to step it up a notch! I put together a collection of some of the best ideas I found online. Also, go and buy your eggs this weekend. Fresh eggs peel horribly, it doesn't matter what tricks you try or see on Pinterest, an older egg peels better. So if you plan on turning your beautiful eggs into yummy egg salad like I do, buy your eggs now. Onto the ideas!

Embellished eggs
I think these are so pretty and easy! You can use any kind of sticker, I bought some mickey stickers for Ethan! You can also dye them first for some more color. You can even use temporary tattoos, they work just like they do on your skin!

Mark it up
If you like to draw or doodle, try some permanent markers on your eggs (or crayons for kids), You can create any colorful design you want. This would be great for kids who are just learning to color or write too!

Rubber band design
Wrap your egg in different size rubber bands and then dip in a color to create a cool geometric design.

Tissue paper eggs
Use some leftover colorful tissue paper to create a mosaic looking egg. Just wet down the egg and apply small pieces of tissue paper to the egg, let it sit and pull it off to get a colorful pattern. You can even create designs like this butterfly!


Fingerprint eggs
I love doing crafts with Ethan that capture his fingerprints, hand prints or footprints. I think it's cool to capture that moment in time what the size of  their hands or feet were. These are also really easy!

Polka Dot Eggs
These are super fun and easy and I love me some polka dots! You could do this with any shape sticker as well. I think Ethan needs some Mickey head eggs which would be easy to do with stickers!

Personalized Eggs
We usually use a crayon to put our names on the eggs but I thought this was a cuter way to personalize your eggs with some paint and stickers.

Nature Eggs
I thought these were really different and easy. You get some herbs like cilantro, mint and dill, place the leaves on the egg and put a nylon stocking over it, twist the nylon and secure with a rubber band. Then you just dip and remove the leaves for a cool botanical stamped egg!

No comments:

Post a Comment