Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weekend Recap

I'm back to blogging! I didn't really have a rough week or anything, I think I was just too tired at night after the wedding and getting things back in order after having the house painted. We had a really nice uneventful weekend for once!

On Friday I worked from home which was nice. I got to fully catch up after being out for a few days earlier in the week. I also got to have lunch with Michael, which is always a nice perk of being home during the day. We stayed in on Friday and made dinner together instead of going out for date night. I made cheddar cracker chicken with asparagus for me and a baked potato for Michael.

Date night dinner at home!

On Saturday, we got up and went to breakfast and then to the Wheaton Farmer's Market. After the farmer's market we headed down to my sister's house to meet my parents and "watch their house" specifically, their pool! Since Arla and Teddy are in Hawaii on their honeymoon we wanted to make sure everything was working ok! We vacuumed the whole pool and got it all clean and ready to swim. The sad thing is that this was the first time anyone has been in the pool all year and it's been open since Memorial Day! The rain has really put a damper on things this year. But yesterday was the perfect day for swimming. The water was 84 degrees and it was nice and hot outside. We spent all day outside and in the pool and barbecued for lunch and dinner. It was great! I got a little fried however, despite my multiple applications of 55 SPF sunscreen. I woke up as a lobster this morning!  

Today, we got up and went to breakfast and then ran around to do some errands. We went to Whole Foods to do our grocery shopping and then went to Michael's, Joann Fabrics, Home Goods, and Crate and Barrel to get some things for our re-decorating projects. We came home and got some things put back together after getting the house painted and Michael put the first coat of paint on the mirror going above our bed. Here's some pictures of our newly painted walls and decorating progress.

First coat of white paint on the mirror going above the bed. The little circles will be yellow and black.

Our newly painted hallway

Newly painted entryway

New entryway table - I'm still working on getting the right accessories

Painted "pewter" master bedroom walls

Close-up of new bedding

New pillow for the chair we ordered (also our curtain fabric)

So those are the updated pictures. I need to work on finding some accessories for our bedroom and a new mirror for above our dresser. I am having a really hard time finding things in yellow and gray. I was really having a hard time finding curtains. I had originally ordered a set of curtains from Anthropologie, seen below.



I love the print, unfortunately the background of the curtains isn't white, but more of a natural linen or burlap color. I couldn't find any other alternatives so I am having curtains made by a seller on Etsy. I had ordered the throw pillow above for the chair we ordered and loved the print so much that I found out what it was called and decided we would use it for our curtains. I think they are going to look great on the pewter walls!


Another project I am working on is in our hallway going upstairs. I am putting together a collage of frames with pictures of all the places we have traveled together. I picked up a bunch of frames at IKEA and I am working on the right arrangement but it will be something like the below picture.

Don't mind Porkchop in the picture!

The frames will be going on the big wall under the window

I can't wait to see everything come together! It's going to take a few weeks for everything to be finished and delivered, but it will be so worth it! I am having so much fun putting everything together, it's been a while since we've done a big decorating project.

So that was our weekend; for not doing much I guess we did end up doing quite a bit! That's usually how it happens of course. I am hoping the week goes pretty fast, because I have a 4-day weekend coming up! I am looking forward to the weather this week too. It looks like we are going to have a mostly rain-free week which will certainly be a change! The only good thing about the rain is that it has been very beneficial to our crops. Things are booming out on our deck!

Our deck crops are thriving!

Lots of tomatoes!

Our strawberries are growing and ripening!

That's all I have, sorry for such a long post! I guess I had a lot to say after not blogging much this week! I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment