Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day weekend recap

Ah, such a nice holiday weekend! I really needed these 4 days off. The weather was great and we tried to be out enjoying it as much as possible. On Friday, I was off of work but Michael had to work so I took full advantage of an empty house and cleaned and did laundry so I didn't have to worry about it the rest of the weekend. Michael and I had lunch together and I did some shopping in the afternoon. We ate dinner out on the deck and then went for a walk after dinner.

Out enjoying the beautiful weather

Porkchop was loving life

After dinner and our walk, we headed over to Rich and Tif's for a bonfire and our first smores of the year! It was the perfect night for a fire, not too hot not too cold. We had a great time just sitting around talking with everyone. We called it a night a little bit after 11 and headed home and crashed.

Michael keeping warm by the fire

Rich calling a party foul on me for taking pictures

On Saturday we got up and out early and headed to our favorite breakfast spot and then to the Wheaton French Market. It's amazing how crowded the market has gotten in the past couple weeks. It is packed by 8:30 in the morning. We loaded up on lots of fresh goodies and headed home. 

Our bounty for the week - pasta, blackberries, potatoes, asparagus, peaches, grape tomatoes, cucumbers and slicing tomatoes

After the farmer's market we came home and went for a nice long walk before it got too hot. We went out for lunch and on our way home we stopped to play some mini golf and get some ice cream. It was a perfect day for it and apparently everyone else had the same idea because it was pretty crowded. For once, I actually beat Michael; I was on a roll!

Michael looking cute waiting to take his shot

Being silly posing with my club and pink ball

After mini golf we headed to the grocery store to pick up a few things we needed for the week and then headed home. I passed out on the couch and took a nap and Michael gave Porkchop a bath and he also cleaned out the grill. It really needed it, it looks brand new again. When I got up from my nap I started making dinner and we ate and got ready for the Blackhawks game. We watched a very action-packed, nail-biting game and then relaxed for a bit before calling it a night.

On Sunday, we got up and had breakfast and I made pasta salad to bring to my sister's that day. We headed to Arla and Teddy's around lunchtime to have lunch and help out with some wedding projects they needed to finish up. Somehow, within 10 minutes of being there Porkchop sliced the pad of his foot and was hobbling around on 3 feet. He wouldn't let us look at it but once we finally saw it was bleeding a bit we washed his foot and then we had the idea to put some ointment on it. We were worried about him eating the ointment so he got a paper towel and tape cast wrapped around his foot. It was pretty funny, we laid him in his cage for awhile and after about an hour or so he was a lot better. Never a dull moment!

 Porkchop's bum paw and make-shift cast

After a yummy lunch, we got to work. The girls worked on the seating place card holders for the reception and petal cones for the ceremony.

Arla with a petal cone

The petal cones filled up with hydrangea petals all ready to go!

Ribbon boards for the place cards at the reception

While Arla, my mom and I worked on the wedding crafts, the men were getting Arla and Teddy's pool open for the year. They worked really hard out in the sun all day, and now the pool is open for business!

The pool water was amazingly clear after the long winter; just needed some vacuuming

The boys taking a well-deserved brew break!

We got everything done and then ordered some dinner, chilled outside for a bit and then headed home to relax before crashing.

On Monday, we wanted to take it easy and just relax. We got up and had breakfast and then I came home to spend some time in the kitchen cooking up some deliciousness! We had plans to go over to our neighbors Mark and Margaret's for dinner and to watch the Blawkhawks game. I wanted to make pasta salad and whoopie pies. Michael also made sausage ranch wonton stars for an appetizer. I will post recipes for the pasta salad and whoopie pies this week.

 Pasta salad 

 Whoopie pies, yum!

In the afternoon we headed to our neighbors and had a really nice dinner. We had bbq chicken, corn on the cob, asparagus and my pasta salad as well. We hung out and then watched the Blawkhawks game. After the first 2 periods of the game we headed home and I made my breakfast and lunch for work and got everything ready for the week ahead. I'm sad the long weekend is over since it has been so nice, but at least today is already Tuesday and we are closer to another weekend! I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend and has a short week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment