Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

In memorium


 I got a call from my mom tonight that they were rushing our family dog Chewbacca to the hospital tonight and when she called me back she told me that they had to put Chewy down because he had a brain hemorrhage. Chewy had been having a pretty rough year, he had been getting chemo for cancer but it had worked, and he was cancer free. Chewy was 9, I was a junior in high school when we got him. Yorkies usually live 12-15 years so its really hard that he is gone so soon. It is never easy to say goodbye to anyone, even a pet. I believe pets are true members of your family. Chewy was such a great dog; super loving with such a funny personality.

 My parents are going to have a really hard time without him. When they found out that he had cancer my parents said that they wouldn't get another dog once Chewy was gone, but I really hope they consider it. My dad especially needs a dog around since he is retired. It gives him a reason to go for walks and keeps him company during the day.

We're going to miss you Chewbacca...

No comments:

Post a Comment