Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekend Recap

Another weekend is coming to the end. We have had a really nice weekend. It was busy, but we had a lot of fun. On Friday I got off work early and went shopping in the afternoon. I was able to find a few good finds. I got some new work shirts and I found a super cute trench coat for Spring!

Friday night we went to a fundraiser that our neighbors Mark and Margaret were running. It was a St. Baldrick's event. St. Baldricks raises money for children with cancer by having people raise money from sponsors to shave their head. It was a really fun event watching people get their heads shaved. Both Mark and Margaret shaved their heads. I give her a lot of credit because I don't think I would be able to shave my head. They had silent auctions and a raffle and a bunch of vendors who were donating a percentage of your purchase to the cause. I of course found a super cute tote to buy and it helped make a nice donation too! Here's the new work tote I bought, it's from a company called Gigi Hill. They had really cute bags!
After the benefit we headed to Wildfire for a nice date night dinner. After dinner we headed home and just relaxed.

On Friday the weather was beautiful and in the 60's. This is what we woke up to on Saturday morning:

Lovely first day of Spring!

Our poor icy carrots!

I woke up and worked out on Saturday and we got some things done around the house. We went to my parents house in the afternoon before the baptism we were going to. We got to see little Watson and he was so cute! We haven't seen him in awhile so it was fun getting to play with him. I tried taking pictures of him but he never stops moving, I only got one decent shot of him.


We headed with my parents to the baptism for my cousin Andrea's twin boys Cole and Carter. The babies were so cute and really good through the whole thing. They weren't too fond of the water being poured on their little heads, but I can't blame them! Here's some pictures of the baptism.

Andrea and Chris with Cole and Carter and the Godparents Pete and Julie

Cole being baptized

Carter being baptized

After the baptism we headed to Andrea and Chris's house for dinner and celebration. The babies were being passed around like hot potatoes! They had been up since 5 am and were still going at 11 pm and were happy as could be. I only hope I'm lucky enough to have such happy babies someday! 

Me holding Cole

Arla holding Cole

Dad holding Cole
My only picture of baby Carter

Today we slept in a little and then went to breakfast and then grocery shopping. After grocery shopping I headed out to see if I could find any other new clothes. I didn't find very much but I did finally find a dress for my sister's bridal shower! We are going to spend the rest of the day just relaxing and I have some laundry to finish up. We are also going to make a new recipe for Sunday dinner. We are having Tuscan style pork tenderloin. Hopefully the rest of the day goes by slowly so we can enjoy it. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment