Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

31 Days of Halloween: Day 2 - Felt Pumpkin Playset


I originally saw this idea on Pinterest. I knew it would be something fun to make for Ethan to play with. I thought this came out so cute I even added it to my Etsy store and they have been selling really well. But in case you want to be crafty and make one yourself, here's how I did it, it's really easy!


In the original pin she did some sewing to make the pumpkin a little thicker but I used just a single felt sheet and it worked great and it made it a lot easier. All you need is a large orange felt sheet. I used an 11 x 17 stiffened felt sheet from Hobby Lobby so the pumpkin would hold it's shape. For the stem, leaf and face pieces I used just regular soft felt. I drew all of the shapes onto the felt with chalk and then cut them out. I made eyes, eyebrows, noses, and mouths.



The possibilities are endless with all the different faces you can make. Kids of all ages will have fun playing with this.


No comments:

Post a Comment